24. lola's melody

"Music has no color, gender, or race. It's the remedy to hate and the conqueror of love."

...

Life wasn't always a song. It was Lola's melody.

Lolita Hathaway—an aspiring jazz singer stationed in New Orleans, LA, swam in the melody of her tears. With a voice like hers, she could make you drop to your knees—desperately clutching your soul as she spellbound you to the mellow sweetness ascending from every riff.

Each melodic stance took its part, enchanting the crowd with her sensuality. Although she wrapped the audience in her efforts, the fragments from her heart crackled against the false narrative of happiness. Behind the music was an empty void longing for a fill of—love, affection, and tenderness.

Lolita assumed sharpening her craft would suffuse the absence of love in her life, but she was sadly mistaken when her late father passed away. Nothing mattered more than to carry his legacy into her generation and inspire the musicians after her. It was as if she forfeited hope until she met a curious photographer named Michael Jackson.

Together, they realized the power of music and swayed relentlessly underneath the saxophone's hue—photographed by the dance of time, leading them into a silent enigma. Nobody could separate the two, not even the barrier between love and loss. Somehow, you could lose the world and still have another world resting upon your shoulders.

And Lolita couldn't allow fear to encapsulate her dream.

(I decided to publish the synopsis I had in Google Docs. I might add more drafts—but for now, that's all. Thank you for reading!!)