Chapter 4 - Writing Lyrics Is Hard, Okay?

I regret putting off writing the lyrics to the song. I mean, can you blame me? The new series of Reptillia came out over the weekend, and I got sidetracked binge-watching it. Where did it leave me? 11:00pm on Sunday night, sat at my desk, trying to come up with lyrics to this song. I'd pulled all-nighters before, what could go wrong?

Well, I had a healthy night of 3 hours of sleep, and I was exhausted when I set off for school. If Dad was here, he'd give me a lift to school, but that was obviously out of the picture. So I had to walk. Whoop-dee-do. I mindlessly stumbled along the roads, as if I'd completely forgotten to walk. Nevertheless, I meandered into Ms Alphys' class, and I collapsed onto my chair. Soon after, the rest of the class started to trickle in, and the first lesson started.

"G-good morning, c-class." Ms Alphys stammered. She always gets nervous when talking to the entire class, and, honestly, I don't blame her. "A q-quick announcement before we g-get the day started."
I looked around the class out of the corner of my eye. Everything seemed normal- wait. Was Susie staring at me? No, she couldn't have been. I must be seeing things.
"T-the school will be open t-two hours after school for p-people in the talent sh-show." Ms Alphys continued. I looked back at Susie, and I noticed her give me a thumbs-up.

At 3pm, I headed to Ms Toriel's room to practice with Susie. We were planning to go in the old classroom, but that was already claimed by Jockington. I pushed open the doors, and Susie was sat on the stack of chairs in the corner of the room.
"Hahaha, Susie, get down from there!" I chuckled, blushing slightly.
"Bow down to me, mortal, for I sit on the THRONE OF THE GODS!!" Susie bellowed, laughing as loud as she could. Swiftly, she hopped down and picked up her guitar, signalling to me that she was ready.

"I sorted out the lyrics last night. We should finally be able to do this together!" I explained.
Susie nodded before pulling some crude sheet music out of her pocket. I sat down next to her, but a yawn escaped from me.
"You look a little tired, Noelle." Susie mentioned.
"I'll be fine." I replied casually. "I just didn't get a good night's sleep, that's all."
"Whatever." Susie grunted. "Just...tell me how this sounds."
The room suddenly was filled with acoustic guitar. I was surprised to find Susie, the toughest girl in class, could make something so graceful. In fact, with all the music, I started to feel a bit drowsy...

An hour later, I blinked my eyes open. To my horror, I found my head leaning on Susie's shoulder. I whipped my head away from her, and she noticed my sudden awakening.
"Morning, Sleeping Beauty." she joked, plucking a few chords on her guitar.
"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" I apologised, my face bright red. "I didn't mean to fall asleep, I'm so-"
"Eh, it's fine." Susie shrugged. "You didn't seem to mind, so I just let you lay there."
I might have died internally slightly there. I covered my face with my hair to cover my blushing face.
"Hey, I don't care, so don't get worked up about it." Susie comforted me, lightly punching my shoulder. "Now, how about we add vocals to this song?"