Chapter 6 - Just Say It Already!

"I wonder if Undyne knows we don't even have a nurse's office." Susie remarked. She guided me to the changing rooms with me under her arm, and she left me in the shower room.
"Wash off the dirt and blood in the shower. I'll stay out here, I doubt you'd want me in there." she ordered. I opened my mouth to reply, but I held it back and walked in.

I stepped out a few minutes later. My shorts were soaking wet, but at least my wound stopped bleeding.
"How does that feel now?" Susie asked.
"Better." I replied. "The water did make it sting a bit, though."
"Yeah, that happens. I'm still gonna need to clean that up, though." Susie mentioned.
"How...are you going to do that?" I inquired. To my surprise, she pulled out an entire first aid kit of her tattered bag.

"I always have one of these on me in case I get into a fight. Happens more often than you think." Susie explained. "Now, go sit down there."
I found my legs being drawn to the bench with just those words. I was pleasantly surprised with how much Susie knew about first aid. She dabbed a bit of liquid onto a cloth to clean it. I don't know what it was, but it hurt like hell. I winced as the substance was placed onto the wound.

"Sorry, this'll only hurt for a minute." she reassured me. I was trying so hard to forget about the pain that I didn't even notice that this was the first time I heard Susie say "sorry". After the pain subsided, Susie pulled out a roll of bandages - band-aids and fur do not mix well. Just as she started applying the bandage, my mind wandered and decided to take a trip to Lesbian Island.

It was in this moment where a random surge of courage flowed through me. It was a perfect place - a quiet, secluded area where there was nobody else around except me and her. It was all perfectly laid out for me. My heart was thumping against my chest, as if it was about to make a dash for freedom. Every fibre of my being was yelling at me:

Tell her.
Tell her how much you love her.

And yet...

I couldn't do it. Every time I tried to get the words out of my mouth, they would just disappear before I could say them. I was pathetic. It was all intricately lined up for me to shoot my shot, yet I just couldn't pull the trigger. I might have been in resting face at that moment, but inside, I was crying.

"And there you go, that should hold." Susie said triumphantly. "Although, after performance practice, you might wanna change it. Here, take this one."
She tore off a strip of bandage and handed it to me. Barely raising my hand, I took it.
"Thank you." I mumbled feebly.
"We should probably get back to Undyne. Do you think you'll be fine?" Susie mentioned, putting the first aid kit away.
Silently, I nodded.

"I'll catch you up. Just need to put this away." I muttered. I clutched the bandage slightly tighter.
"Fair dues. I'll be waiting outside." Susie responded, walking away. When I heard the door click shut, I punched the wall behind me and cursed under my breath. At this rate, I'll never be able to date her. I buried my face into my hands as a small tear rolled down my face. I'm normally so smart; why am I so stupid when it comes to love?!