Chapter 10 - First Kiss

After our final practice on Friday, Susie was all set to stay the night at my house. I was buzzing with excitement as we left the school building. She did have to go back to her apartment to pick up her stuff, but it only took a few minutes. I placed my key in the lock of the gates - thankfully, I'd not forgotten my key - and I let us both in.

"Woah, this place is massive!" Susie marvelled as soon as we walked through the door.
"I mean, my mom's the mayor, I've lived here all my life." I chuckled, trying my hardest to stay humble. "Now, Mom's still here, but she'll need to be leaving soon, so we might see her before she goes to work."
Speak of the devil. After I said that, Mom was walking downstairs. She was rushing, but in a distinguished way, like she wasn't trying to show it. As she grabbed her briefcase, she noticed Susie and I stood by the door.

"Oh, hello, Noelle." Mom greeted. "Susie."
"Oh- erm- nice to meet you, Mrs Mayor." Susie stammered. I noticed she was now standing upright, and it looked uncomfortable for her.
"Sorry I can't stay, but I really need to go." Mom continued, speedily getting her shoes on. "Remember the rules I gave you, I'll see you at the performance evening tomorrow."
She swept past us and locked the door behind her. Susie sighed and relaxed her back.
"Yikes. " she whispered quietly.

Later in the night, the sleepover was going great. We'd gone through half the snacks we bought from 'Sans, the living room floor was littered with pillows and blankets, and we were watching a bunch of anime movies Undyne was talking about. We did practice a little bit, but that was abandoned quickly when we started to break into the snacks. Now, we were up at 11pm on a Studio Ghibli marathon. Welp. That was two rules of Mom's I've broken.

"I'm gonna be completely honest for a second." I said, breaking the silence between us two. "You're the first proper relationship I've had."
"Eh, I did have an online partner a long time ago, but we broke up after a month." Susie shrugged. "Never kissed anybody, though."
"Well, I've- um- never kissed anybody either." I stammered.
"I can't help but feel like you're alluding to something..." Susie teased. She placed a hand on my neck as we locked eyes with each other.

Slowly, I closed my eyes and pulled her closer to me. The kiss wasn't much, it didn't involve any tongue, but it still felt amazing. When we finally parted, I whispered with joy, "My first kiss."
"And it won't be your last, either." Susie replied. She then started peppering my face with light, gentle kisses, going over my cheek and by my nose. I was giggling like a schoolgirl the entire time. It was just so sweet, coming from the person that everyone perceived as a brute.

Many kisses later, I was wrapped in Susie's arms, still laughing from the little thrill of a first kiss.
"You know, I always imagined this is what our first kiss would be like." I murmured. "Granted, I've imagined us in a lot of different situations, but...well...you don't need to know about THOSE yet. Maybe when we're older."
"Hm. Well, if you say so, pud." Susie replied. "Is it...alright if I call you pud?"
"It's like Christmas pudding. I like it." I replied, pulling myself closer.