Chapter 14

Hiii, sorry for the delay with the update. However, I drew some art of Ash and Goh to use as a cover for the story <3

 However, I drew some art of Ash and Goh to use as a cover for the story <3

As the cab pulls up by the sidewalk, all the breath rushes out of my lungs at once, because Goh is leaning against the wall, one foot up on the brick behind him, waiting for us. But it's not just his presence that steals my breath away. It's his look.

He's wearing an orange cropped turtleneck sweater that stops high enough to show the planes of his stomach. Below that is a red miniskirt, tight around his waist and pretty scandalously short. He's wearing knee-high orange socks and his legs... Well, he has nice legs. That's all I let myself think. I can barely breathe as I look through the window at him, waiting for Cilan to get out first.

I'm so nervous as I step out that my legs turn to jelly beneath me. Goh doesn't look up as we step out at first, instead staring down at his phone screen, but even from this distance, I can see he's wearing makeup too.

I focus on my breathing as Serena starts to skip over, and he looks up, smiling at her. She says a few words to him as the rest of us walk over, and then he finally looks over at us, his gaze catching on Clemont, humour dancing in his eyes, then to Cilan, and... The second his eyes fall upon me, all the humour winks out, replaced by coldness, and I see his face harden as he realises the betrayal from Serena. Beside him, she says something, frowning, but he ignores her as I walk up.

Closer up, he's devastating. The eyeliner winging both his eyes, the slight smoky eyeshadow, the tinted lip gloss. He looks... Well, like a girl. Completely. If I didn't know him, I'd think he was, and although it's not fair to assume, I'm sure most people that see him tonight will, especially in the costume. My heart is beating so fast I think I might die, but I walk casually over, trying not to give away the fact that I'm completely in awe of him. The fact that he can present as either gender and not care, and that he looks so fucking good either way...

"Hey Goh," Cilan says casually. "I didn't recognise you for a second. You look great."

"Thanks," he says tightly, turning to glare at Serena, who smiles sheepishly.

"Well, shall we go in?" She says, grabbing Clemont and Cilan's hands, dragging them towards the doors. Goh pushes off the wall like he's about to follow them.

"Goh," I say, and he pauses. "Wait." Still he doesn't speak, so I take a few steps forward, until I'm standing in front of him. "I'm sorry for just showing up."

"It's fine," he says sternly, staring ahead instead of at me. "I'll just keep to myself." He starts to walk around me. I reach out and grab his wrist, and only then does he look at me, his glare piercing.

"Why did you move out of your room?"

"Get off me, Ash."

"You're really gonna push me away again? Even though you admitted you regretted it last time?"