Chapter 18

I'll be honest, I have no excuse for why I've been gone so long. I promised that I would finish this though, and so I will. And to make up for it, I even have a new story started that I will post the first chapter of soon as a little sneak peek for it :3

Thank you everyone for your patience d:

When someone rings the buzzer for our flat on Saturday morning, we have no idea if it's Dawn or Chloe. Goh and I both look up- he's sitting cross legged on my bed, flipping through pages of a textbook, and I'm sitting at my desk, scrolling on my phone. He looks distinctly nervous, but I don't feel nervous at all.

I don't really know what to expect from Chloe. Goh told me plenty about her over the years, but I could never really picture her. It sounded as if she was more outgoing than Goh, but less so than Dawn and I. He always made her sound smart, too. All I know for sure is that she's pretty tall, and has maroon-coloured hair.

"Should we go down together?" I ask.

"Sure," Goh says, swinging his legs off the bed.

Two minutes later, we're walking into the lobby, and through the glass doors I spot Dawn. My face lights up at the sight of her, dressed in black boots, a baby pink miniskirt and thigh high black socks, with a sleeveless black crop top and oversized pink bomber jacket. She waves when she spots us, the shoulder of her jacket slipping off. I jog over to let her in, but Goh hangs back.

She throws her arms around my neck and hugs me, smelling of strawberries. As she pulls away I look back over my shoulder at Goh, who's smiling nervously. Dawn bounces on her heels, grinning over at him, and he finally walks over, hands stuck in his pockets. It hits me how odd this is, that Dawn's meeting Red, who she used to tease me relentlessly about.

"Hey," she says. "Nice to meet you, Goh."

"Nice to meet you, too," he says, smiling.

"This is so weird," I say, rubbing the back of my head.

"Ash never shut up about you," Dawn says to Goh, ignoring me. "Once he actually told me he was still talking to you, that is."

"I only stopped because you teased me about it," I argue.

"And look who turned out to be right." She gives me a wicked smirk. Goh's eyebrows are raised in amusement, but he already knows that this is how Dawn and I show affection to one another.

"Oh," I say suddenly, "there's something else." I glance left at Goh, ignoring Dawn's glare. "Did I ever tell you about Goh's friend from home?"

"Which one?" Dawn asks, narrowing her eyes as she thinks about it.

"Chloe."

"Hmm, I think so. Maybe?" She frowns. "Why?"

"Well, she's coming too," I say. Dawn blinks, but then smiles again.

"Oh, okay!" she chirps. "That's fine with me."

"She should be here soon," Goh says, checking his phone. Dawn is watching him while he isn't looking, taking him in. I nudge her, and she scowls at me, nudging me back. I nudge her even harder, almost knocking her over, and she looks absolutely furious, but I know she's not.

"Nobody I've met at uni is as annoying as you," she says to me.

"Why are you here then?" I ask, scoffing. "Wait, not even Ursula?"

Dawn bristles at the name, and Goh looks up from his phone, blinking. "Who's Ursula?"

Dawn launches into a long rant about her new mortal enemy, and I laugh, wondering if Goh wishes he never asked. Somewhere in the middle of her rant, I take hold of her elbows and steer her in the direction of the door. She doesn't pause her rambling, just starts walking alongside Goh and I. She only finishes talking when we reach the door to our flat.