Chapter 1

Luigi was walking alone, in the city of mushroom kingdom, around him he saw buildings with lights on, some with lights off, all the little mushroom people in their homes this night, and here was Luigi.

He would also be home, but his Brother, Mario, was having a dinner with the Princess and Mario tends to drink on these occasions and when Mario drinks he gets Racist.

It started with a, "this is a clean kingdom, and why is it?", Mario said as he looked at the Princess.

She smiled innocently, "why?".

"Because you made it this way, I can't imagine how filthy this place would be if any of those reptile or amphibian things with the shells were walking around.", Mario held his glass high as he spoke, like a toast.

"Turtles.", Luigi muttered under his breath.

"Yeah! And you remember Hyrule! They've got a terrible lizard infestation, and if they only had a princess like Peach then-", Mario was cut off.

"I don't think Ganon is a turtle, Mario, and this isn't something to make jokes about.", Luigi stated.

Peach stayed quiet, she usually didn't intrude because she didn't want to cause a conflict.

"I'm going out.", Luigi stated as he made his way to the door and grabbed his jacket.

Mario and him never fought, if you could call that fighting, but lately Luigi couldn't help himself when Mario said things like that, Mario was a great guy, an even better brother, but Luigi just didn't understand how they turned out so different.

He thought about it some more, on his walk, the Mushroom kingdom was one of the only safe places they could find, Mario had a right to assume all the Turtles were evil because the only ones he's met have been, but Luigi just didn't feel it that way, there was no way even the ones they had met were all evil.

He let out a sigh and sat down on the curb, he looked up toward the castle, a few miles away in the center of the city....

Maybe he needed to leave for a while, to do something a little independent, meet some new people, he thought of his haunted mansion and shivered a little, he wasn't going to stay there, where else could he think of?

He heard a noise, he looked up and turned his head to see a gumba staring right at him, he stood quickly, if he didn't stop it it might hurt someone, or get hurt itself, he ran after it and it began to run away.

In-between houses and buildings, crashing into loose crates and with a loud thud the Gumba went right into a trash can that lay on its side, Luigi quickly threw on the lid and held it upright, "there you go!", And as he turned around he saw another Gumba looking up at him, before he could respond a black cloth went over his eyes and someone hit his head, causing him to go unconscious