Chapter 8

Mario had began to miss Luigi a lot, Mario would often find something that made him think of Luigi, but there was no Luigi there, Mario wanted to write to Luigi aswell, but he didn't quite know how to address it, or how to send it for that matter, he hadn't seen Peach in a few weeks either and thought about visiting her.

"Do you think he's forgotten us, Peach?", Asked Mario as he sat with Peach while she signed and read things.

"No, Luigi hasn't forgotten because he sent me a letter recently.", Peach responded.

"He did? What did it say?", And why didn't he send me one? :(

"It said he misses us all very much.".

"Really?".

"No, but I'm sure if he were allowed to send that kind of thing then it would.".

"Oh..".

"Mario,", Peach looked up at him, "I'm sure he's fine and he probably wants to see you soon too, you're his brother, but having said that this is probably good for him, I bet he's making a whole new life for himself in the other Kingdom.".

Mario let out a sigh.

"...", She looked up again, "wait, did I tell you he's going to be here today.".

"He is?!".

"Yeah, I'm sorry, I've been really busy lately.".

"Don't be sorry! This is good news!".

~~~

Luigi walked about the Air ship's deck, he didn't like it much because he was awfully afraid of heights, he walked around and found a door, it led down some stairs below deck, to a few more doors and a big open space full of boxes and canons prepared to face out of the windows, it was weird seeing them from this side, he walked down the hall and opened a random door.

It was a nice little room, a little desk and some chairs, a bookshelf, he wondered who it belonged to, he turned around to see Bowser stood looking down at him, he jumped a little, "oh sorry!".

"You can stay if you'd like.", Bowser stated moving past Luigi and sitting down at the desk.

Luigi thought it would be rude to leave and he hesitantly took a seat, it felt quiet, Luigi wasn't usually one to talk, but he was more of an extrovert when he was near an introvert and hadn't really spoken to anyone over the past month, "um, how are you?".

Bowser looked over to him questioningly, "...fine.", it went quiet, "...you?".

"I'm good.", Luigi responded, "I'm excited to see the Mushroom Kingdom again...".

"Hm".

"It's a little funny because even there I feel like an alien.".

"..where did you say you were from?".

"Brooklyn.".

"How far away is it?".

"I'm uh, not really sure, we kind of fell down a pipe, I think it might be on another planet..".

"Really?", Bowser was intrigued now.

"Yeah, actually me and my brother, Mario, are plumbers, much different than my current line of work.".

"What's it like in Brooklyn?".

"Well, a lot different than here, there are very big tall buildings that reach into the sky, just for every day people, like me, and uh trains, these metal carts that carry people about the city, no Koopas though, only people like me.", Luigi explained.

"Wow, is it nice?".

"I suppose it depends on your idea of nice, I liked it.".

"Hm... And do you like it here..?".

"Yeah, I think so.", Luigi replied, "if I can ask though, what presented the idea of peace between the two kingdoms? I know it's a little unrelated, but I've been meaning to ask.".

"It was actually my wife's idea.", He responded.

"You're married?", Luigi asked.

"No, not any more, she left.".

"Oh, I'm sorry.", Though he wasn't really.

"It's fine, it was a long while ago, but after all this time of back and forth no progression I took her idea into some consideration and maybe that if I did she'd come back one day.".

"I think after having met you, you're not as bad as I had pictured you, I'm glad you did declare peace because I'm glad to have met you.", Luigi stated.

The door opened again, it was the captain of the air ship, "liege, we dock soon.".

Bowser nodded and the two of them stood, Bowser looking to Luigi once before heading to the deck, the other following.