Chapter 4

Luigi walked slowly into the castle, he walked slowly through the double doors that led to the thrown room, he walked slowly up to Peach's thrown, where she, Mario, Toad, Daisy and a whole kingdome stood watching him, and he spoke, "I have joined Bowser's side of this war!", What?! That wasn't what I was supposed to say!! They all gasped.

Suddenly, the roof came crashing in, Bowser jumped down, a piece of rubble shoved him to the ground and Bowser slashes Mario and grabbed Peach, he let out a roar.

Luigi woke up, it was a terrible dream... Just a dream, he looked to the window, the sun had yet to rise, he shook his head and got up.

~~~

"You need to see Peach today?", Asked Mario, who walked with him.

"Yeah, it's really important..".

"Well, what is it?".

"I, uhm, can't really tell you yet, you'll just have to hear it when she does.".

"Oh,", Mario looked forward, "does Daisy know?".

Luigi jumped, he worried Daisy already told Mario, "wh-why would she know??".

"Well, I don't know, you and her are close, I just kinda assumed you'd tell her.".

"Before you or Peach, though?".

"Yeah, I guess you're right.".

Luigi looked up at the castle and with a sigh, continued in, he went through, past the throne room where no one stood, and into Peach's sitting room, he knocked on the open door, Peach looked at him, he and Mario walked in.

He felt a little shaky saying it, they all looked to him, "I don't really know how to announce this, but... The night before Yesterday I was kidnapped by a Koopa,", they all looked shocked.

"What?!" Mario exclaimed.

"I was unharmed, when they removed the bag over my head I was met with King Bowser,", they all looked even more shocked, even worried despite him being stood in front of them, "he requested something tremendous of him--".

"What did he do to you!?", Mario interrupted.

"N-nothing to me, he asked for my help, he trusted me with asking for Peace throughout the two kingdoms.", Luigi stated, he went silent, the whole room went silent.

"Why you?", Asked Peach.

"He said he needed someone you would trust, he said if he sent one of his people into your kingdom, that you would probably get the wrong idea about why they were here.".

"Of course we would! Bowser has lead his people throughout his rule with a legacy of pillaging! How can we be sure this isn't just another trick?! Why now?!", Mario cut in.

Peach nodded in agreement with Mario, "Luigi, they've tricked you, I'm afraid I cannot trust this.", Peach stated.

"But then why did they let me go? Why didn't they just try what they always do and steal you? Part of me wants to believe them, Peach, maybe you can give me a chance, maybe I can talk to them, find out more.", Luigi insisted.

"That's too dangerous!", Mario argued, "it's a big risk, if they are planning something they might give up and just end up holding you hostage, or worse!".

"You've just got to trust me!", Luigi.

"That's a lot to go on, Luigi.", Peach replied.

"Yeah.. I know...", Luigi went quiet, he thought maybe he was wrong, maybe he was being tricked, it would be such a simple trick, really stupid, "I'll see you guys later.", He turned and began to walk home.

Maybe it was too good to be true, he felt lucky that he wasn't prosecuted for conspiring with the enemy, he knew his only option left.

He really hoped it would work, or else next time he met Bowser it would be really awkward, he sat down at his table with a pen and a paper, how should I address it? "King Bowser,", I don't know if that's who I'm even writing to, but okay. "I have informed Princess Peach of your recent negotiations for peace,"... What do I write next?? "She doesn't believe you, I didn't know what to tell her so I'm writing you here. Love Luigi.", There, done! He folded the letter into an envelope and left in a hurry for the fountain.

It was still day time, so he waited until dark, many mushroom kingdom residents walked around him, some dropping coins in the fountain, if was peaceful, but then it got dark, and less and less people showed up, eventually it was just him, alone in the middle of the night, he waited for hours and no one show up, he fell asleep.

Awoken by a shuffling sound from the bushes, he looked around, suddenly aware of how dark and lonely it was, he stood up, prepared to battle whatever came out of the bushes, he squared himself, and out came the goomba, the one he was all too familiar with, he sighed, pulling the letter out of his pocket, he knelt and held it out, the goomba looked at him, head empty.

"Here you!", He waved it a little, then he remembered the letter on the fountain the night before, he stepped back and set the letter down on and rushed over the goomba, who seized it in its mouth and ran away back into the bushes.

When he arrived home the lights in his house were on, they weren't usually, he opened the door to see Mario sat at the table, asleep and waiting for him, closing the door behind him he went to wake up with brother, when a knock did it for him, Mario looked up in surprise "oh! Luigi, you're here!".

"Hang on, there's someone at the door.", Luigi stated and opened it.

It was Daisy, she smiled and waved, "hiya Luigi!".

"Hey Daisy!", Mario said from behind Luigi.

"Um, hi Daisy, come on in. What are you both doing here?", Luigi asked shutting the door.

"Well I was waiting for you to talk about earlier today.", Mario responded.

"Oh, right.".

"And I was here to also talk about that!", Daisy stated.

"Uh, well, then Mario, you go ahead.".

"Well, I just wanted to say sorry.", Mario started.

"Uh huh, and I wanted to mention how weird it was. You just got home, were you at the fountain?", Asked Daisy.

"Yeah--".

"Were you leaving a letter?".

"What letter?", Asked Mario.

"Well I have to inform them of what's happening.", Luigi went on, "anyways, it's late, I've got to go to bed, you two should aswell, we'll talk about it tomorrow.".

"But--", they tried to argue, but Luigi wouldn't have it, he pushed them out and headed up to his room.

He was close to sleep, but he couldn't help wonder if Bowser had read his letter, if it had reach Bowser yet, would he be angry, is he handling it well..? DID I WRITE "LOVE LUIGI" ON THERE?! Luigi shot up.