Chapter 6

Bowser stepped closer to Peach, until he was right Infront of her, then looking down at her he bowed, she did the same, then they began walking inside.

To the long table in the throne room, Bowser was followed by Kamek and a scary weird Koopa that, assumed to be a General.

Peach had with her Daisy and Luigi along with a her old General.

~~~

"I believe that this fued between our countries has gone on long enough, and that our Kingdoms would be stronger together than they would apart!", Bowser said.

Daisy, from across the table was about to say something before the door burst open, they looked to see Mario run in, "Peach! What's happening?!", He asked.

"Is he going to be part of this?", Asked Bowser.

"He was invited, yes.", Peach replied.

Mario went quickly over to Peach, "what is going on?", He asked.

"Bowser has come to sign a peace treaty.", Answered Luigi trying to be quiet.

"Why does he get to? I mean like, isn't he the one that tried to invade our kingdom in the first place?", Mario questioned.

"No, that was my father, years ago.", Bowser replied, "tell me, how much exactly do you know of the history of both kingdoms?".

"I-", Mario felt a little embarrassed, "I know enough to know that you're the one who kept it going so long.".

"Should I bring up the long list of attacks on my country the Mushroom kingdom has? This is a war, it's not one sided.".

"That's enough, Mario.", Peach cut Mario off before he could start with something else, "what are the conditions you would think to add to this, King Bowser?".

And so on went the conversation, by the end of it Peach walked out among the crowd that waited eagerly again, "both kingdoms have signed an agreement for peace!", Peach announced, a round of thunderous applause came from the crowd.

~~~

A feast in celebration of the new peace was thrown that evening all throughout the Mushroom Kingdom.

Luigi was sat in between Bowser and Peach during this, he felt very afraid and mostly awkward, he helped in all of this, but since three days ago he'd known Bowser to be a vicious killer who was power hungry, but right now he just sat there, listening to conversations, every now and then when someone told a joke he'd smile, Luigi watched him for a while, it was unusual, Bowser looked down at Luigi after noticing he was being watched, Luigi looked away quickly and pretended he didn't notice it.

"Thank you, Luigi.", He heard a gruff voice say.

He turned to Bowser, he knew he should say something... Why wasn't he saying anything?! He just stared at Bowser, he felt really awkward, but he didn't want to seem rude by just looking away, he gave a little nod and turned away from Bowser, pretending to be listening to Peach who was talking to Daisy about something that sounded important if only he was able to listen, "wait-", he said turning back to Bowser, "for what?".

"You listened, I don't think without you we would have been able to do this, in only 4 days too.", Bowser replied.

"Oh..", he looked down at the table, he really didn't know what to say, especially to Bowser, but he was glad Bowser felt that way, it struck him as surprise to hear Bowser talking, to him aswell, he felt bad for having misjudged Bowser so much, a little Mario popped in his head "you had a right to!" It said, he shut it out.

"Luigi!", Yelled a girls voice this time, he was really distracted, he looked over to Daisy, "Luigi! Peach and I were discussing and I said we should have an ambassador and Peach agreed and I said if it was anyone it should be someone she trusted and she agreed so I said that it should be you and she agreed!".

"Ambassador where..?", Luigi asked feeling a little confronted, "also should you ask me--".

"In Bowser's Kingdom, dummy, who else literally read the room.", She responded, he didn't know why she had to be so mean about it.

THEN IT HIT HIM.

"WAIT! What are you talking abo--!".

"What do ya say, King Bowser?", She asked excitedly.

He smiled and nodded.

"I think they'll get along fine, neither of them say anything.", She said to Peach.

"I will send out my Ambassador when I arrive home tonight, they'll be arriving tomorrow.", Bowser replied.

"Well then, you have until tomorrow to pack Luigi.", Daisy stated, Luigi felt so angry at her, but what was he supposed to do? Disobey orders?! Yes, that's what he should have done it's okay to say no, but he didn't for the plot or something.

~~~

Bowser left with his air ships, Luigi watched them go along with everyone else in the City, Mario walked up behind him and gave him a pat on the shoulder.

Luigi let out a sigh, "I don't even know what an ambassador is supposed to do, Mario..".

"They are to maintain diplomatic relations with the receiving state and promote foreign policy strategies through international organizations.", Mario replied.

"See? You know all that, I don't, why didn't Peach make you ambassador??".

"Peach did what?!".

"She uh... Did you not know?", Luigi felt like this was suddenly a secret.

"Why didn't she talk to me about this?!", Mario asked running from Luigi to wherever Peach was in the castle.

Luigi felt terrible, he followed quickly after Mario, "Mario, wait!". After what felt like forever weaving through crowds Mario found Peach.

"Peach! What does Luigi mean, Ambassador?", He asked angrily.

"I've asked Luigi to be my Ambassador. Since the Peace treaty agreement I'll need someone over there.", She replied.

"But why Luigi?!".

"Because I trust him, Mario. I know you may think he's under qualified for this position, but I hold strong faith in him, Mario he's secured Peace in two kingdoms that were at war for generations, I know anyone could've done that, but I think for terms of qualifications he has a strong moral alignment, and that's what I need.", She finished, Mario didn't know what to say.

"But it could be dangerous!".

"Mario, I think Luigi can handle himself, besides, after tonight, I don't think Bowser is a threat anymore.", She smiled.

Luigi finally caught up to them, "Mario!", He saw Mario stood next to Peach.

"I know Luigi..", he walked away without another word.

Luigi went home, he packed his things, he didn't want to take much with him, and he didn't sleep much that night.

~~~

The air ship approached, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Mario, Toad and Toadette all waited for it, it docked and out came some weird nerdy gross blue Koopa, "good afternoon everyone.", Hs said in his weird nerdy voice, then bowed, "Princess.", He looked to Peach, "I am King Bowser's selected Ambassador and I am delighted at the opportunity that this has become.".

Luigi boarded the ship, he waved everyone goodbye, Toad burst out sobbing.