Chapter 17

Luigi was walking down the hall, when it seemed out of nowhere Bowser appeared front of him, he grabbed Luigi's arm and pulled him off to the side.

"Luigi, it's important that I tell you, people have been suspecting you to be a spy. I don't believe any of this to be true.", Bowser hurriedly told him.

"What?", Luigi responded, he was a little confused, how did they find out? His heart began to race, he looked up to Bowser, "y-you don't think I am? Do you?".

"No, because you're not, right?", Bowser responded.

"Of course not!", Maybe he's just saying this to spare my feelings, or to trick me, I have to end this conversation, maybe he'll forget if we don't talk about it anymore.

"But, Luigi, you've been avoiding me, with everyone thinking you're a spy, you'll need to stay close to me.", Bowser said, Luigi noticed their proximity, he still felt Bowser's hand holding his own forearm, "I can protect you until we find the real culprit.".

But you can't! You can't because I AM the culprit, if I stay close to you it will only make things faster!

"Hey, calm down, I'm sure there's nothing to worry about.", Bowser reassured him.

If this were anyone else telling Luigi to just "calm down" he would've gotten angrier, but for whatever reason, it actually worked in calming him, "you sure?", He asked.

"Yeah, I'm sure.".

Luigi might've even blushed a little, he wasn't sure, he so odd now, with Bowser's hand on his arm, them being so close together.

He thought about what Bowser was saying, them needing to stay close to each other.