Chapter 5

I don't know what to do, will he notice? This is so weird, it was purely out of habit, he's going to think I'm weird, he won't trust me with this kind of thing again!

Luigi had been worrying about this nonstop all day, he wondered what he could do to fix this until, against his wishes, the sun set, he paced back and forth past the fountain in the middle of the little neighborhood fountain.

He heard the bushes, out sprout the goomba, it had the letter in its mouth, he looked at it, it looked at him, he stepped away and it ran over to the fountain nearly dropping the letter in the water, he got a little frustrated, why was it so jumpy?

Walking home he quickly opened the letter, "Dear Luigi,", oh God, is this because I was too formal?? "This is terrible news, I am sorry to hear this, please request a meeting with Princess Peach-", this hand writing is impeccable, much better than the last one I received "where her and I will discussthings further, perhaps I will be able to convince her that I am serious. -B", that -B, it's because he feels weird that I said "Love Luigi" wait, "-B"? Did Bowser write this?! He read the letter over again this time actually taking in the information.

He couldn't wait, this could be immediate, he grabbed his hat and ran back out his door, straight for the castle. A good 30 minutes later he arrived, the guard's opened the doors for him and he hurried into her throne room, where he was told to wait while a mushroom guard went to retrieve her, she came hurriedly in, "Peach! I just received this letter.", He told her.

She grabbed it and read it once over, then she looked to him, "Luigi? Did you write them letters without me knowing?", She seemed a little angry.

"Yes, I did--".

"That's a bad thing Luigi, you should have told me!", She scolded, waving her finger at him, "and about this, I'm glad you brought it to me, I take it you just got this?".

"Yes, I can't see their air ship in the sky, so they must be a little ways away.".

"I wish he had written when he'd be arriving, if you really have any faith of mercy in him then he'd wait until morning to arrive.".

And that's just what happened, nothing else happened that evening, not until the sun rose, Luigi, who had waited in the throne room with Peach thinking they'd see an Air ship any moment, fell asleep.

"PRINCESS!", a guard yelled, waking them both up, "An air ship has been spotted headed directly for the kingdom, we're being invaded!".

She looked at Luigi then back at the guard, "Go get Mario! Luigi will stay here with me.".

Now all I can do is hope they didn't send that message last night in hopes that we'd let our guard down...

The closer it drew itself, along with another behind it, moving quicker than Luigi had anticipated, it lowered itself it to center, to the castle, Mario wasn't even here yet, it set down an anchor and docked.

Nobody stepped off, Luigi and Peach suffered the anticipation, the second Air ship docked,silence fell, nobody could be found in the streets, then they watched two Koopa Guards step off the first air ship, multiple guards could be seen on the second one, and a few stepped off, followed by Bowser.

Peach held her head up high, Luigi tried to do the same, his mind kept flashing back to when Bowser was here for things far worse, Peach had this aswell, "Princess Peach..", was growled in his deep low voice.

"King Bowser, you will go no further without stating your purpose!", Yelled Princess Peach.

Bowser looked to Luigi, and stopped walking, "has he not informed you of my "purpose"?".

"It has been claimed that you have come to negotiate a peace treaty, or else you wouldn't have made it into the city limits!".

Bowser looked back to Peach, Luigi felt a weight lift, "that is exactly why I am here! So glad you understand! May I come further?".

She hesitated a moment, then nodded.