twenty-seven

Jisung was asleep. The blanket was over his body and he was cuddling a stuffed animal, which was a rabbit. He breathed in and out gently. After a long time he slept peacefully again without having a nightmare.

A knock sounded through the house, several times, slowly waking the latter up.

He pushed the covers off his body, rubbed his eyes, glanced around the room and got out of bed to see who was knocking at that time.

Jisung thought it was still early, maybe seven or eight o'clock. But in truth it was already a few minutes after noon. No wonder he slept so long after reading a book until the sun came out.

His hand grabbed the handle and he opened the door, meeting Minho's eyes. He was wearing a white shirt, a denim jacket and jeans with a black belt. The bandage around his arm and hand could be seen slightly. He looked so good that Jisung was speechless. When the younger one realized that he was still in his Christmas pajamas, he blushed and slammed the door shut.

He ran to his bedroom, grabbed his cell phone and called the person he was hoping would answer. The phone rang a few times before being picked up.

"Felix! I forgot about the date with minho and didn't hear my alarm clock. I haven't even gotten ready yet!" Jisung said hastily, pacing while biting his nails. "Is he already there?" Felix said in a calm voice, to which the other quietly replied that Minho was standing in front of the door.

Another voice came through the phone saying, "You can't just leave him at the door." Changbin. "But what should I do?! I can't just let him in!"

"Jisung calm down, you can let him in and you will. Offer him something to drink and explain the situation to him," the younger said in a touching voice. Jisung whimpered briefly but then agreed and hung up.

With nervousness running through his body, he stood in front of the door, narrowed his eyes and then opened the door. "I was still asleep and missed my alarm clock. You can come in and sit down while I get ready," Jisung said not looking at Minho.

The elder nodded and sat on the couch while Jisung gave him a glass of water.

While Jisung went to his bedroom to get ready, Minho surveyed the house. It was a bit older but had its own vibe. It wasn't too neat and not too chatty. It was spot on. If Minho saw Jisung's bedroom, he might think differently.

There were books everywhere, read or completely new ones, read more than seven times and never finished ones. A huge stack of totebacks was in the corner of Jisung's room. And now there was far too much clothing on the floor because Jisung didn't know what to wear. But Minho didn't see that, not yet.

After a quarter of an hour Jisung managed to put on something that looked good and was also comfortable. He styled his hair a bit and then he went to Minho, who hadn't moved from the spot.

Minho looked at the younger one, a small smile forming on his lips as he scanned him up and down.

"And the house is all yours?" he asked and Jisung nodded while standing in the middle of the room a bit awkward. "Yes. My parents have a house in the country and when I turned eighteen they let me have this house and moved to the other one."

"It looks cozy," Minho smiled, standing up so they could set off.

"Where do we go?" Jisung asked. "To the bridge?" suggested the older one and they left the house. On the way to the bridge they talked a lot. Jisung was more talkative than the last time they saw each other. And Minho listened, calm and silent, always with a smile on his face.

They arrived at the bridge and sat down in the meadow next to it. They didn't stop talking and laughed until Jisung fell back onto the grass. He sighed with relief and said, "I really enjoy talking to you."

Minho also lay down in the meadow and put his hands behind his head for support. He looked over at Jisung and realized how close they were to each other. He admired the younger one until he said, "See that cloud over there? It looks like a duck." He pointed to a white cloud that didn't look anything like a duck, but Jisung thought it looked like one. "I think it looks like a flower," Minho replied.

"No, it's clearly a duck."

"Flower."

"Duck."

"Flower."

"Duck."

"Flower."

"Duck."

"Horse."

"What?"

"It turned into a horse cant you see it?" Jisung said laughing a bit. They looked in the sky a few more minutes staying silence until a raindrop dropped into Jisungs face.

They remained lying there until the rain got heavier and they sheltered themselves under a tree, which didn't help much because it was raining in torrents.

"It was sunny before and the sky was clear and now it's raining," Jisung murmured, folding his arms to keep himself warm. "The cloud felt offended by us," Minho said with a smile and Jisung started to laugh.

But it was getting colder and the two were soon completely soaked. "I would give you my jacket but it's just as wet as everything else," said the older one and moved closer to the other.

He wanted to touch Jisung and pull him into a hug to warm him up with his body heat, but he didn't, he knew that Jisung had problems with people touching him. He didn't knew exactly why, but he somehow new it.

"Let's go back to me, I can give you some clothes. Otherwise you'll catch a cold," Jisung said, taking the other's hand to pull him along. Jisung didn't know why he did it. Why he took his hand, but nothing happened last time, so nothing would happen this time either.

~

"How about you stay here for the night. We can brainstorm ideas for your story and talk all night," Jisung suggested nervously. "I'd like that," Minho awnsered smiling.

They lay in bed for hours, constantly changing positions, brainstorming, talking, laughing, until Jisung stopped answering because he had fallen asleep.

Minho looked at him, the other pouted his lower lip slightly while he slept and breathed in and out softly. The older one gently brushed a strand of hair out of his face and whispered:

"Maybe I was born to meet you, Love."

----------