thirty-four

"He isn't opening the door Jeongin!" Felix said loud into the phone so that Jeongin who was on the other line of the phonecall had to put it away from his ear. "You said we would give him two days! We gave him a full weak because you said you think it would be better to wait longer. What if he is i don't know... dead?!"

"Felix calm the fuck down maybe he is sleeping!" Jeongin awnsered a bit annoyed. He knew that Jisung was fine... well not fine but he knew that he was still alive. He knew he needed some time alone so he wasn't showing his worries.

He let out a sigh then talked to Felix again: "You can call Chan and ask if he still has Jisung's spare key."

"Can one of you call Chan and ask if he had Jisung's spare key?" he said and turned to his boyfriend and Minho while Jeongin was still on the line.

Changbin took out his phone typed in Chan's name and called him, when he picked up quite shortly afterwards he asked him for the key to which he replied with a "yes". Then he asked if he could come and as soon as possible the eldest got into his car to bring them the key.

"I'm really tired Felix. And I have some work to do, I'll hang up now okay?" Jeongin said cautiously to which Felix replied sharply: "No. You will wait until we know how our best friend is doing!"

Jeongin sighed again and flopped down on his sofa, opening his laptop and putting the phone next to him. The phone was on speaker so he could hear what was happening at the others'. He typed on the keyboard, and quickly tried to get the rest of his work done. Meanwhile he had to listen to Changbin trying to calm Felix down and after a while he could hear another voice, Minho's voice, doing the same thing.

Half an hour later he heard Chan's voice and then how a key turned in the keyhole and the door opened.

"Jisung?" Felix said when he entered the house and when he didn't see him in the living room he went to his bedroom, but it was also empty.

"Guys the back door is open. He must have gone out there when we got here," Changbin said, and at that moment Jeongin slammed his laptop shut, put it on its side and asked into the phone, "But he hates public places, and where is there a place here where there are no people?" he said, also with concern in his voice.

Silence. Everyone seemed to think.

"Damn it! Jeongin you said he'd be okay! We don't even know where the hell he is now. I shouldn't have trusted you," Felix said into the phone in an angry voice. Then he hung up and wanted to tear his phone into pieces.

The youngest looked at his phone, Felix's name was still on the screen. Tears welled up in his eyes, which he tried not to let out. I really thought he just needed rest. What should he do now. Would Felix really never speak to him again? Would the others be mad at him too? Would he be alone soon?

The four who were in Jisung's house were silent. Felix was boiling with anger and Changbin and Chan tried to calm him down a bit. While Minho wondered where Jisung could be. When he suddenly remembered a place. "I know where he is. I think so. But Felix let me go there alone. I'll get him here asap okay?"

"But-" Felix was about to object when Changbin cut him off and said, "Felix it's better if only he goes to him. Besides, you want him to see you so angry?" Then the youngest of the four was quiet and watched Minho run out of the house.

~

Minho walked over the bridge and saw Jisung leaning against the tree where they sheltered from the rain the last time they were here. He walked up to the younger one and sat down next to him.

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asks softly after a long silence. Jisung looked at him, then looked at the meadow again and murmured, "I have nothing to talk about."

The older one nodded and started to change the subject. He talked about how even more beautiful this place was when the sun was shining, birds were flying around, bees were getting their necktar out of the flowers and frogs were hopping in the river. Jisung listened. He loved listening to Minho.

And suddenly he felt like he could tell Minho anything.

Jisung spoke: "My ex-boyfriend, he abused me physically, mentally and sexual... I was stupid for being with him for so long but I thought he loved me... But he manipulated me into that relationship, I don't even know if I loved him or he manipulated that too. And when he showed up in my work and he touched me, it all came back and I felt like the Jisung of that time again."

He sighed tried not to cry while continuing to talk: "I am so sorry for blocking you guys and ignoring your calls I just thought the best thing for me was to stay away from everything and everyone. I needed rest."

"It's okay. I don't blame you for taking a break. May I?" He made a gesture as if he wanted to caress the other's hand, so Jisung nodded and Minho was allowed to touch him.

Jisung slowly and carefully rested his head on the other's shoulder and entwined his hand with Minho's. The older one was a little surprised by the action but left it at that.

Minho could feel the other's heart beating fast and his breathing in and out gently. "Do you know what the difference between good and bad literature is?" the older one asked while watching the river.

Jisung shook his head, causing Minho to continue. "In good literature you know when you are in love. In bad literature, love is just spoken." Jisung's heart stopped and he didn't know what to say.

He broke away from Minho's warmth and looked at him implausibly. "W-What's that supposed to mean?" The other let out a short laugh and said: "You know exactly what that means." Jisung shook his head, his heart pounding so hard he thought he was going to die any minute. "You idiot. It's so obvious, isn't it?"

It is pretty obvious.

He began to stutter, "I-I know?" Minho laughed again and said, "You know? What do you know?" Jisung tried to get something out of his mouth but he couldn't put into words what was going through his head. It was like his heart and mind were fighting each other. The mind said he would only get hurt again, but his heart told him to risk it and he could be happy.

He moved closer, between the olders legs, leaning forward and looking deep into his eyes. Minho smiled and pulled the latter closer by his waist, so he braced himself with his hands on the meadow next to Minho's hips.

Jisung stared at the other's lips and the next moment, without hesitation, he pressed them onto the other's.

His heart won against his mind.

Minho's lips were soft and warm. Jisung wanted to melt into the kiss.

Minho pressed his lips a little harder against the other's but still very carefully. They stopped and Jisung looked at Minho. "Gosh you are beautiful," he whispered, cheeks flushed, and collapsed onto the other's chest.

The older one laughed and gently stroked Jisung's hair. "That was unexpected," he said and Jisung mumbled something unintelligible into the other's shirt.

With a smile on his face, Minho continued to stroke the youngers hair and they stayed like that, completely forgetting what had happened.

----------