CHAPTER ONE

ONE

“You need a partner” papa said to King, his tone serious.

King sat at the dining table with his dad Porsche and his papa Kinn, feeling uneasy. He had been summoned home early in the morning by papa , who had insisted that he "needed a partner." King had no idea what that meant, but he had a feeling that it wasn't going to be good.

“For what papa?”, King couldn't help but wonder why he was there and for what. Does his papa mean he needed a partner for his work or something? Or did he meant that he needed to have a bodyguard with him in his office as his so-called partner.

King had always been quite discreet about his life, preferring to live in his fancy condo rather than in his family compound. Not that he didn’t love his parents or his siblings. He just didn’t like anyone interfering in his life. Which he was quite glad cause his papa had an incredible bad habit to know everything that goes on in his children’s life. But now, he seemed to be up to something.

King was puzzled. He had always been fiercely independent and had never considered partnering with anyone, be it in business or life. He furrowed his brows and looked at his father Porsche, hoping for an explanation. Cause no way in damn hell he is gonna take an bodyguard as his so called office partner.

Porsche sighed, looking at his son with a tinge of something that king couldn’t put his head on. And on the contrary he looked quite irritated.

“Don’t ask me, ask you dear papa. This days he doesn’t tell me what he does and prefers to do everything as his own. I might as well as open a beach bar and go live there. Your papa can handle everything on his own.” Kings dad said without even looking at his papa and king could feel the pitiful look that papa was giving his dad. King was taken aback. He couldn't believe what he was hearing.

Oh shit. Did they fight? Omg he is not ready to handle a screaming match right now. He has work and his holiday is coming and Uea wanted to go on a vacation. He can’t get roped in here. He didn't want to get involved in any family drama.

"Dad, what's going on? Are you okay?" King asked, trying to lighten the mood. But he could feel the tension in the air.

His dad didn’t say anything , just sat on his chair , scrolling through his phone, his breakfast totally forgotten.

It was his papa who answered him. “Yes king everything is ok. Don’t sweat about it. Your holiday is coming up right? “

King was confused. “Yeah, just one more week and the company will give everyone a month long holiday”

His papa then looked at him seriously , like he does when he has some serious business.

“Good , then as you know we always throw an annual gala and this one is gonna be in two weeks. I need you come in there. We will be launching a new business and I need you on that day. Also a young hacker who can just mix in the group. I have some business for you that day.” Papa said already working on his ipad for the thing he needed king to do.