VIII

the morning after mia had huge eyebags and her eyes were puffy from crying so much. rafe was sleeping peacefully all night but mia couldn't stop thinking about what would happen if she didn't ran away. she was up all night and when rafe got up to check on her she acted like she was alseep.

her mom left the house at 6 so there was no one to bother them. mia's alarm clock ringed at 7:30. mia got out of bed and went straight to the  bathroom. her make up was fucked up and her hair was messy.

rafe noticed that the girl wasn't by his side anymore and she isn't in the room so he went looking for her.

"hey" he said as he entered the bathroom where he knew mia would be.

"good morning" mia said with a mouth full of toothpaste and with the toothbrush sticking out of it.

"how are you?" rafe said hugging mia from behind. mia pushed herself out of the hug.

"im sorry i don't want physical touch for little bit" mia said

"yeah i understand, do you want me to leave?" rafe asked

"no i don't want to be alone" mia said spitting the toothpaste in the sink. rafe walked next to her and looked for something that will cheer her up. he knew this is a big trauma for anyone but still he wanted not make a big deal out of it.

"what can i do for you my lady?" rafe asked

"coffee, energy drink, a cigarette and some cookies please" mia said as she brushed her crusty hair.

"alright let me go to the store real quick " rafe said and kissed mia's head. as soon as he left mia remembered something that she forgot to ask for.

    mias😻
i forgot to ask for peach ice tea

and for pickles

raf🙀
already bought them princess 😋

mias😻
ur the best fr❤️

raf🙀
ikr?

rafe got back in 30 minutes with a bag full of snacks and things he thought mia would like right now. he knocked on the door and when he heard allowance he entered the room.

"i thought you'd like these" rafe said as he sat down on the bed and handed the plastic bag to mia. she opened the bag to reveal a bunch of snacks and drinks.

"thank you" mia smiled and rafe knew that it was a small step to make her happy again.

the whole day was spent like eating and watching series. rafe was bored but knew this will help her to get better. he wasn't the best companion or comforter but he did his best to make her feel better.

mia didn't cry neither laughed. she felt empty. rafe tried cuddling her but she refused.

"im sorry i don't want physical touch for a while." mia said when she moved a bit away from rafe. he didn't like that he couldn't help with anything. he felt hopeless.

"alright, what can i do for you to get better?" he asked the girl.

"i don't know, just don't leave." mia said.
they fell asleep after a while.