-002

WHATEVER MONSTER DR. THORN was, one thing Stella knew for sure was that he was fast.

The poison from the spike had already left her system. One of the many perks of Vitakinesis, healing powers, was definitely being able to heal one's self of injuries or diseases. She wasn't as good a healer as her sibling, Will Solace, but she still had a great ability to manipulate the healing process.

"What are you doing, Jackson? Keep moving!" hissed Dr. Thorn.

Stella looked at Percy who had his eyes closed before he opened them and kept shuffling forward with the rest of them. How the hell were they going to get out of this one, she thought.

"It's my shoulder, it burns," Percy said.

"Bah! My poison causes pain. It will not kill you. Walk!" Thorn said as he herded them outside.

Stella grabbed Percy's arm and pulled him to walk side by side with her, in front of the di Angelo siblings and as far away from Dr. Thorn.

"I can heal your shoulder," Stella whispered to him.

"It doesn't burn that bad, just milking it. I'm trying to use my empathy link with Grover," Percy whispered back.

She could tell he was still in pain, his body was definitely feeling the poison.

"Hope he answers."

She moved her hand to his shoulder and closed her eyes, still walking forward. She focused her energy on where the spike had grazed his shoulder, and she felt a ball of energy transfer from her body to his.

Once she felt the energy fade, she opened her eyes and saw they were now walking in the woods. She let go.

Percy looked at her gratefully, "Thank you, Stella."

"It's nothing," Stella said.

They took a snowy path dimly lit by old-fashioned lamplights. Her healing powers had warmed her body, but she was still cold as hell.

"There is a clearing ahead," Thorn said. "We will summon your ride."

"What ride?" Bianca demanded. "Where are you taking us?"

"Silence, you insufferable girl!"

"Don't talk to my sister that way!" Nico said.

Dr. Thorn made a growling sound that definitely wasn't human. Stella let Percy continue trying his connection with Grover while she scoured her mind for a solution. She had none.

"Halt," Thorn said. The woods had opened up. They had reached a cliff overlooking the sea. All they could see was mist and darkness, but Stella heard the sound of the sea.

Dr. Thorn pushed them toward the edge. Percy stumbled, and Stella caught him.

"Thanks," He murmured.

"What is he?" Bianca whispered to them. "How do we fight him?"

"I...I'm working on it." Percy replied.

"I'm scared," Nico mumbled, fiddling with a little metal toy soldier of some kind.

"Stop talking!" Dr. Thorn said. "Face me!"

They turned around to see him pulling something from under his coat, a phone. He pressed the side button and said, "The package— it is ready to deliver."

There was a garbled reply, probably a walkie-talkie. Stella was creeped out at the sight of a monster using a phone but Dr. Thorn's laugh disturbed her even more.