Chapter 38- Deserted

In a building in the midst of the desert, a group of people walk towards an Earth Kingdom airship. Soldiers pushed the dolly Korra and I are on while Asami walks forward with her head bowed down.

"You have to let me out! The Earth Queen is in danger from a group of terrorists calling themselves the Red Lotus." Korra turns her attention to the captain as she is pushed up the ramp leading into the airship. "I talked to one of them in the Spirit World yesterday. He's insane!"

With a toothpick between his lips, the captain says. "Screaming about terrorists in the Spirit World? You're the one who sounds insane." He turns and walks inside his ship and the hatch closes. The engine is turned on, and the airship begins to fly.

The girls and I were brought to a metal cell within the airship. After locking Korra and I to the wall, the guard chains Asami to the floor.

Sweet-talking, Asami asks. "Do I have to be chained to the floor the whole way? It's going to be so uncomfortable."

"You're uncomfortable?" I mutter against the muzzle over my face.

The crew member chains Asami. "Sorry Ma'am, I'm under orders."

"Can't you just chain me to that railing?" Asami looks at the railing on the wall. "I mean, where am I gonna go?" The ship crew glances on Asami. "Please?"

"Well, as long as you're chained up, I guess it doesn't make a difference." He chains Asami to the railing.

"Thank you, Sir."

"Can I have... some water?" Korra asked.

"No water." The man quickly said. "We're also not going to bring you any rocks or fire, so don't ask. I guess there's air, but there's nothing we can do about that. We're not opening your compartment 'til we reach Ba Sing Se." He walks out of the cell.

Korra struggles against her restraints, but to no avail. "We have to find a way to get out of this prison before we get to the Earth Queen."

"Don't worry, I have a plan." Asami says. "These airships the Cabbage Corp sold to the Earth Kingdom are way cheaper than the ones Future Industries built."

Asami stands against the wall and struggles, pulling off the railing. She jumps to bring her hands in front before throwing the railing to catch it upright.

"Now that's just shoddy workmanship." She walks up to Korra. "There's no way I can get these locks off. I need the keys." Asami looks at the floor before prying a panel open with the railing. "Give me five minutes, then start yelling for help." Asami crawls down the pane.

I groan, slamming my head against the dolly. "I miss Iroh...and my dad...and my mom...and my siblings." I cry out.

"Fara!" Korra whispers. "Pull yourself together."

"I-I can't!"

Swiftly, the same crew member runs to the door and opens the hatch. He points at me. "What's wrong with you?" He suddenly comes to realization. "Hey! Where's the other girl that was here?"

The crew member is knocked out by Asami. She opens the door, triumphantly spinning the keys around her finger. She frees Korra and I from the straitjacket while Korra removes the muzzle, Asami helps me with mine.

"Nice work. Now let's take control of the ship."

To the cockpit of the airship, Korra barges in with metalbending. The co-pilot runs up, but is knocked against the steering wheel by my air blast, causing the airship to lose control.

"Mayday! Mayday!" The caption shouts into the intercom. "The Avatar has escaped. We're going down in quadrant four of the Si Wong Desert."

The co-pilot regains consciousness and charged at Korra, before being knocked against the captain by another air blast. Asami runs up to the steering wheel.