Prologue Part 2

A/N

Yo, check out this idiot that made this story with me: @AgentT123

Here's the discord. He's got a bazooka now. https://discord.gg/aV9cGRYAtH

And onto the story!

Veldora's POV

"Veldora! The Labyrinth's gonna be beaten!" Ramiris called me rather urgently.

That makes no sense. No one has made it past floor 60.

"Ramiris, why are you spouting nonsense? You think anyone can defeat the Labyrinth that easily?" I was completely assured of my and the Labyrinth Guardians's skills.

But that was before I saw the group that was just exiting floor 40.

The weakest of the three stood above the corpse of the Tempest Serpent. It was having fun shooting out the snake's corrosive venom. Maybe it's like Rimuru, but it'd be really hard for it to get past floor 50, let alone the following floors.

No, the reason Ramiris was freaking out was because beside the majin stood Guy Crimson and.. Velzard.

"The Labyrinth's gonna be beaten." I exhaled, already having given up all hope.

___________________________________________________________________________

D's POV

The boss battles had gotten stronger by a lot. I struggled a bit fighting the Tempest Serpent, and this one would be even worse.

We were on floor 50, so another powerful monster was sure to show up.

"Greetings. I am Meiza the Miquix chieftess, guardian of this floor. I must commend you for making it this far. However, I will not allow you to go any further." She was unsettled, staring at the gods behind me.

They didn't seem to want to get involved yet though, so I went to the conclusion that they still wanted me to fight on my own. With the skills I'd copied so far, that seemed easy enough.

So I just stepped forward again, and took a moment to analyze my enemy. She was actually nearing me in terms of magicule capacity, and I had the vague sense that she was also in possession of a Unique Skill. A simple intuition, I guessed.

Based on the way Meiza acted and her weaponry, she likely fought like dragon gods do. That is, close combat.

If that's the case, then my best option would be to blast her with magic attacks while keeping my distance.

And so I began enhancing myself with a bunch of skills I got from the Ogre Lord in floor 30 like [Body Enhance] and [Agility Enhance].

I also dialed up [Thought Acceleration] to ten thousand and turned on [Parallel Processing]. In case I needed more analysis, I could simply turn on [Parallel Minds].

The floor boss charged at me at frightening speeds and tried to chop my head off with a battle ax.

I quickly recomposed myself and started blasting her with dense magic bullets.

She maneuvered around them all and went back in for another slice.

This time I jumped over her, not trying to dodge in the same pattern.

The boss quickly turned around and jumped up high to meet me midair.

To counter this, I used [Spatial Motion] to teleport right behind her and land a powerful magic bullet on her nape.

She violently kicked her back legs, slamming two hooves in my gut.

The two of us went flying to the ground.