Prologue Part 6

A/N

Yo, check out this idiot that made this story with me: @AgentT123

Here's the discord. This guy brought a TSAR Bomba to my doorstep. https://discord.gg/aV9cGRYAtH

By the way, the prologue isn't done yet. I just posted the 30k words we had already written.

And onto the story!

D's POV

I couldn't tell how long I'd been asleep after that, but I did wake up eventually. It felt like a long time, though.

I finally opened my eyes and looked up.

Velzard was cradling me in her lap, in an older form than I'd seen before. "Are you finally awake? You almost died."

"H-huh? What do you mean?" I looked around, and realized that all the soul mass was gone. Instead my soul was far larger. Though it still ached. "How long has it been?"

"Three months, roughly." She didn't let go of me when I woke up.

"Three months? My time, or yours?"

"Yours, but I was here. I've been sitting here." She rocked back and forth a bit.

"Am I alright? It still.. aches a bit." I tried not to question why she'd stay here with me for that long, even though I wanted to at the time.

Velzard gave me an exasperated sigh. "I did recommend against it for a reason, but you are too much like your father." She sat me up a bit. "Do it the slow way, from now on. I don't want to see you damaging yourself further to evolve into a demon peer."

"There is another evolution! Doesn't arch make it sound like the last one? You know.. Like, the final one." Then again, Omni did name himself like he was the one true god, despite the fact I knew that was very false.

"Did you think you'd match us just by evolving?" She seemed amused again.

"Well.. No." I looked around and tried to take in more energy, but it seemed I was at the cap again already. "Guy said I'd be at one hundred and forty thousand, on Rimuru's scale.. Where are you and him?"

Velzard tilted her head, then answered slowly. "Your father has an EP of roughly.. One hundred million." She then paused to let that sink in, before going even more insane. "Mine is roughly two hundred and ten million."

I almost felt my soul ache even harder at that. "Come on.. You have well more than one thousand times more energy than me.."

"I am a True Dragon. I represent the concept of fixation." She responded flatly to my exasperation.

"That is such a cheat.." I wanted to roll over and huff, but she was holding me too tightly.

"You are starting to sound like your uncles." She giggled, then looked around. "Well, is there anything else you want to ask?"

"Huh? Well.. I guess I wanna know how Guy got so strong."

"Oh? That is actually sorta simple. He tried to challenge my older brother, and lost. My older brother respected the attempt though, so he made him the mediator of the world." She giggled again. "He really did look sore after losing."

"How would that make him any stronger, though?" It really didn't make much sense. "To me it just sounds like he got beat, then got forced to do something by someone stronger than him?"

Velzard nodded. "That is not inaccurate, as a way of looking at it. How he saw it though, was he had a goal. He wanted to be stronger than my older brother, and he had a reason to use that power, being the mediator. The great equalizer of the world."