Prologue Part 3

A/N

Yo, check out this idiot that made this story with me: @AgentT123

Here's the discord. He's in my walls. Send help. https://discord.gg/aV9cGRYAtH

And onto the story!

D's POV

The palace itself was decorated with fine detail. Several columns held the outer parts of the building, engraved in very exquisite patterns. The whole white building gave off a feeling of power. The structure was made of material so dense I couldn't begin to fathom how to break it.

The inside was similarly overwhelming. It was bustling with green lesser gods and a few different species.

"Welcome, Lady Velzard. What brings you here today?" A charming voice made itself known.

A demon god was walking down a wide set of stairs leading to a floor above.

"Diablo. I'm here to speak to Rimuru about this child." Velzard took the lead in the conversation.

"Oh, my. What has that meathead done now?" His eyes narrowed on me.

"Are you aware of Little Rimuru's project?"

Diablo's faint aura grew a little hostile, but he kept it in. "I know the jist of it, yes."

"Well, this little demon here breached the Cardinal World. He knows this, but a conversation with her involved is due."

"Hm. And Lady Milim," He turned to the Demon Lord. "What is it that you want from Lord Rimuru?"

She immediately spoke up. "He's been huddled up in his "work" for the past millennium! I haven't seen him in over five years, he doesn't attend Walpurgis, and I think it's about time he stopped working nonstop like he does!"

'Wow, she has no mercy on this butler. Wait, I just called some guy that can probably obliterate me before I can blink a mere butler! My god, I am not used to being the weak one.'

"Milim, I'm afraid this meeting is top priority." Velzard chimed in. "We'll let you in once it's over."

"Hmph! Fine! But you better have something good to give for that!" Milim pouted.

"How do some cookies from Rain sound to you?"

"One hundred cookies! Deal!" She grinned, before sitting on a wide fluffy chair. "Oh, D, this is called a sofa. Aren't you learning a lot from me today? I'm gonna want a lot of cool stories a year from now as compensation!"

"Lady Velzard, my Lord is ready to attend you."

We followed him upstairs into a large double door.

It opened when we approached them, leading to a fancy room with surprisingly simple decoration, like a single bookshelf and a desk. Two massive piles of paperwork stood on each side of the desk, the True Dragon's figure in the middle of both as a slime. 'Et tu, Rimuru Tempest? Wait, why did I think of that?'

"So what's the matter, Velzard? I thought we had-" The slime began talking, but got interrupted by her.

"D doesn't have a shred of compassion. It's even worse than newborn demons. She doesn't even understand the concept of it. Milim might've killed her if she wasn't aware of the danger to herself."

"Oh? I suppose that's an issue, especially if she's the most powerful majin outside the Cardinal World. Hmm.." He went deep into thought. "Alright, there's something I think I can do. Come here, D."

Not wanting to upset either God, I did as asked and approached the slime that rested on top of the table.

He then jumped off and transformed, now into me gazing with those golden eyes. He then softly held my cheek with his right hand.