Prologue 2/2 (last edited may 3)

Two years later

Inside the Noceda house, three people stand inside Camila and Manny's room, looking over a crib with a newborn happily babbling inside.

"Mami, I want to see her!" Said a now-two-year-old hunter, jumping up and down trying to get a better view of his new little sister. "Alright, alright, I got you, pequeño duende." He said giggling slightly at his son's excitement as he lifts him up to look over the crib.

Hunter smiles brightly, now getting a good look at his little sister for the first time. "Hi Luz. I'm Hunter, and I'm going to be the bestest big brother ever." He said this with his eyes sparkling as he reached his hand towards her. Luz looks at his hand curiously, then grabs it with her own tiny hand and giggles wildly.

The two parents hearts melt at this interaction, and Camila quickly reaches into her pocket for her phone and takes a picture. "This is definitely going on the wall." She said looking at the photo. Many quickly nods in agreement.

————————————————————————

10 months later

"Come on, Luz, I know I can do it!" Camila said in a soft, encouraging voice. "Come to Papi Luz, come to Papi!" Manny said, with his arms out stretched gesturing wildly for Luz to come to him.

Meanwhile, Hunter is sitting off to the side with Camila's phone, holding it up and recording like she told him to. Luz, who was playing blocks, looks around, and once she sees Hunter, she shakily stands up and starts taking wobbly steps towards him.

Hunter quickly reaches over to his mom and hands the camera off to her. Then Luz crashes into him, and he quickly gives her a big hug, saying, "You did it, Luz!"

Manny wiped a nonexistent tear from his eye and said in a joking tone, "Over your own father," while fake sniffing. Camila jabs at him with her elbow. "Oh, hush you," she giggles.

———————————————————————-

2 months later

The Noceda family is gathered around the table, singing happy birthday to a now one-year-old Luz. "Happy birthday to you!"

Everyone claps and cheers, and Luz giggles wildly as Manny puts a cupcake on the tray of her high chair, and it's not long before the cupcake is absolutely everywhere.

"Well, I guess it's time for a certain someone to get a birthday bath." She said while giggling, "Do you boys mind cleaning this while I give the cumpleañera a bath?" "Sí!" They both salute. They look at each other and burst out laughing, then quickly get to work.

————————————————————————

1 year later

"Face it, dragon, you can never defeat me; it's over!" the hunter said while holding a figure of a knight.

"Never!" Luz roars making fire-breathing noises while holding a dragon plush.

"No, my only weakness is dying!" Hunter said while making the figure fall to the ground.

"Ha take that!" She yells triumphantly, "Noooo! mark my words, I will return!" Hunter yells, and they both start laughing.

"Luz Hunter, come downstairs." I've made cookies!" "Cookies!" They both yelled excitedly and quickly rushed downstairs.

Once they reach downstairs, Luz and Hunter quickly run to the tray of cookies on the counter.

Hunter quickly takes one of his mom's world-famous chocolate chip cookies and takes a big bite, and of course it's delicious. Then he hears a quite wimpier and looks to see Luz trying desperately to jump and reach the cookies with tears threatening to fall from her eyes.

He grabs another cookie from the pan, and Niels, on one knee, bows his head and proclaims, "Oh, fearsome dragon, if I gift you this cookie, may we have a truce?" The sadness quickly disappears from her face. "Yes!" she yells happily and snatches the cookie from his hand and practically inhales it.

————————————————————————

Over the next few years, the family will continue to be close and happy. Whenever the siblings had trouble sleeping, Manny would play his guitar, singing them to sleep. They'd sit on the couch all together, watching movies on movie night, and often falling asleep on the couch together. and celebrating the holidays together, with Halloween being both of the siblings favorites.

but then manny became deathly ill and eventually passed. they were all devastated, of course. The day before he passed, he gave Luz a book called "The Good Witch Azura." and hunter his guitar, knowing he's always been fascinated with it, as well as a book called "Percy Jackson, the Lightning Thief.".

They were both still deeply grieving, but the gifts that Manny gave them helped them cope with their loss. And Hunter started to learn to play the guitar, and they both bonded over their respective love for their books.