Ep 2 witches before wizards 2/2

"So you're telling me that you don't find this guy suspicious at all?" I say, as we make our way back towards the owl house

"Of course not I mean, he's got a baby fox in his beard why would he be suspicious?" She asks

"I'm just saying, it sounds a bit too good to be true" "Chill out Hunter you're such a worry wart. Besides, what's the worst that could happen?"

me and king look at each other for a second "mortal peril." We say.

———————————————————————

Once we get home me, king and Luz all go inside of me and Luz's bedroom and Luz sits on the floor and starts packing for her "magical quest."

"So what kind of chosen one should I be?" King yawns, "huh? What?" "Should I be full of optimism, and goodness like the good witch
Azura? Or should I be like a bad girl chosen one? With black nail polish and a mysteriously withdrawn attitude? "I act like I don't care, but I secretly do." She says as she uses her book to make mouth movements.

"You are not pulling a Nico on me Luz." Then Eda pokes her head through the door holding a severed arm. "Oh, you guys talking about bad girls? wait, what's going on?"

"Seriously again with the severed limbs!" I yell. "Eda tell luz how dumb wizards are." Says king.

"Ugh Wizards are the worst never trust a man in casual drapery. why?" "your wizard client told Luz she was a-" he starts laughing. "was a chosen, one!" "wait wait Luz?" she starts laughing to. "he even gave her a map!"

Luz hides her clearly embarrassed face behind her book. "hey stop laughing at her!" They calm down a bit eda sighs "let me see this map."

Luz gives me a sad smile as a thanks as she hands eda the map. She looks at it for a second. "You didn't think this is real did you?"

"What?" "this map is bunk. There's no lake with a celestial staff on the boiling isles. I would have stolen at ages ago."

Luz looks at the floor sadly. "Ah Don't worry."she says as she has the map back to her. "Couple more months here and you won't seem like such a mark." She pats her head.

Luz nudges her hand off her head "can I have some time alone." Eda and king start to walk out and I stay behind. "are you ok Luz?" "You too Hunter." "what?" "Just...please?"

I nod slightly and walkout as well. I walk downstairs and see king and Eda talking. "wake up you said that wizard was one of my clients?" "yes, now go away."

"I don't know him that well And I don't trust this itchy, scratching in the human." I walk up to them, saying "yeah, I don't trust him as far as I can throw him either" "Less talky more nappy." Eda sighs "I'm going to go check on her."

After a minute, I hear it is comes down the stairs. "That was quick." I comment. "Luz snuck off to do the quest. we're going after her." "....she what!"

———————————————————————

After a while, we come across the castle that the wizard was at And see that it is completely destroyed. "Whoa it wasn't like this before." says king. "no kidding." I say. "I don't like this" says Eda.

We walk inside to see tons of tattered maps on the floor With glowing writing on them "I really don't like this." Eda repeat's. "please be ok luz." I whisper to myself.

————————————————————————

After a while of following the map, we come across a village that is in complete ruin and engrossed in fog. "Oh no. Are you sure she came here?" Says eda