Ep 1 a lying witch and a warden (last edited may 4)

I wake up to the sound of my alarm clock ringing in my ear. I groggily reach out my hand and stop it. I slowly get out of bed and see my sister Luz on the ground working on something.

"Whatcha doing?" "Oh, good morning hunter! if you must know, I'm just reviewing my book report one last time since I'm presenting it today."

"Oh, yeah, I remember you showing me that. Well, with a book report like that, you'll definitely get an A." "Really?" "Definitely! I mean, who else's book report has props and snakes? You've got this a in the bag." I said with full confidence "gracias hunter." she said in a thankful tone.

"Oh, by the way, last night I got this really awesome idea for the third act closer, so I quickly put it together last night and~"

I walked over to the drawer by my bed and pulled out a cluster of fireworks. "I think this will really knock their socks off, don't you think?" I said very sure of myself as I hand it to her. She takes it excitedly "this is perfect! Gracias hunter!" she gives me a big hug, "Hey, someone's got to have an interesting book report."

I break out of the hug and go to our closet to try to pick out my outfit for the day pulling out my favorite wolf shirt a sweater and a pair of sweatpants. "Hey Luz, do these match?" I ask knowing how bad I am at matching clothes. She looks over and says, "Switch the sweatpants out for those jeans you like." "Thank you."

After I've gotten ready, I head downstairs for breakfast, where I see my mom sitting at the counter eating a bagel for breakfast as always. "Morning, mama!" "Morning hunter, are you and Luz ready for school?" "Almost, I just need to eat breakfast and pack lunch and she's reviewing her report." I start poring myself a bowl of my favorite cereal. "Alright, finish up soon. We have to leave in fifteen minutes." She says as she finishes her bagel and starts heading to the car to wait for us.

I quickly finish my breakfast, pack my lunch, and wrangle Luz outside to the car.

————————————————————————

Once we're at school, me and Luz part ways, like every day, to head to our respective classes.

And as usual, as I walk the halls, I see people stare, and I hear people say things like "elf boy" or "vampire" because of my pointy ears and magenta eyes. I used to wish that I was just born with normal eyes and ears like everyone else but I've grown to like being unique from everyone else. In my opinion it's exhausting trying to fit in so why bother.

That doesn't however change the fact that I've always been curious where these traits come from. Doctors have never really been able to explain them and we've never been able to track down my birth parents. Did one of them also have pointy ears or magenta eyes, or are they just some kind of defect? Well I guess there's no use pondering at this point.
————————————————————————

After sitting in class for an hour and a half or so, I suddenly hear from the intercom, "Hunter Noceda, would you please come to the principal's office. Thank you."

Everyone in class turns and stares at me. I tense under there gaze and quickly stand up and start walking towards the principals office and at one point pass a few kids screaming with Luz's back up snacks attacking them. "Oh no."

When I arrive, I see Mom and Luz with one of her snakes on her arm sitting in the room, "Um, you needed me, sir." "Yes. please sit down." I nervously sit down wondering what the heck is going on.

"So, hunter, it has come to my attention that you made Luz's uh, "Act III closer" for her book report. Is this true?" "Yes, sir, I figured that a little something extra would really knock the audience's socks off!" I said probably a little bit too proud of myself.