Ep 2 Witches before wizards 1/2

"What a shame~" it says from seemingly nowhere. I start looking around the cave frantically from left to right. "What a shame~" it repeats.

"Where are you?!" I yelled nervously. "What a shame~" it repeats once again.

This time, I hear where it's coming from. I turn around and see a large shadow figure with horns and glowing blue eyes.

"What. A. Shame." It said it one last time in a more sinister tone.

My eyes snap open waken up by the sound of Luz yelling. "It wasn't at dream!" "Ah! Luz! It's" I check my phone "it's 8 am why are you yelling?!"

She ignores my complaint and just says "good morning hunter!" In a cheery tone.

She turns and opens the window yelling "good morning, terrifying fantasy world!" a sea monster from outside the window waves, and says good mornings sinking back into the water.

I sigh exiting the room and start looking for the bathroom to freshen up especially after yesterday. Once I'm done with that I head towards the kitchen to look for something for breakfast.

I look in the fridge "Honestly I probably should have realized that the food here would weird as well." I say to myself. then I sit and wait for eda to come around so I can ask what is actually edible here.

Eventually king walks in and I figured he that he would know so I asked him "hey king. Do you know what is exactly edible around here?" He thinks for a second "well last I checked that would be everything in the fridge." He says in a very matter a fact tone. "Really? None of that looked exactly appealing to me..."

He walks towards to fridge and pulls out a plate with a pile of yellow stuff with eyeballs in it he sits at the table im sat at with his plate

"Well looks can be deceiving. Here try this it's my favorite!" He scoops some up in a spoon and holds it towards me.

"Uhhh you know what! I'm suddenly not that hungry anymore!" I say nervously. "Oh just eat it." He shoves the spoon in my mouth.

I take a second to process this, but once I do, I quickly swallow the gunk "agh! That's!....actually not terrible." I say surprised. The stuff actually sort of resembled the taste of a breakfast taco but goopy and full of eyeballs.

"Told ya!" "Is their any more of that?" "There should be another plate in the fridge." I grab the second plate and sit down to eat trying to ignore the fact there are eyeballs in it.

After about ten minutes I hear footsteps coming towards us I look over and see eda followed by Luz wearing very cliché, witches clothing coming into the kitchen.

"Remember me? Luz? Ahh!" A cup smacks into the back of her head. "we free to the oppressed and defeated the evil warden together? Yesterday?" "kid lay out the details. I haven't even had my cup of apple blood yet". "you mean apple juice?" "no"

She pours herself a cup of "apple blood" then sits on the table and takes a sip.

"Teach me some spells! When do I get a Magic staff? Was I supposed to bring my own runes?"she gasps "do you have a dangerous magical quest for me?!" She shakes eda

"Whoa, whoa slow down kid!" She gently pushes Luz away from herself. "Yah Luz remember personal space" I say "look being a witch, doesn't happen overnight. also, you're wrapped in a bathrobe. and wearing the dirtiest traffic cone I've ever seen." Says eda

Luz takes her hat off her head and blows on it revealing that it is in fact a traffic cone. Me and king both start laughing. "Shut up hunter." She mumbles clearly embarrassed.