Ep 2 I was a teenage abomination 1/2

"Well, did you ever in your life think you'd see something as breathtaking as this?" Eda says as we stand in front of a humongous, disgusting slug corpse covered in trash.

"I don't like this," says Luz. "I've eaten some pretty gross-looking things here, but none of that made me want to throw up more than this moment."

"Yes, yes, it doesn't get much more inspiring than the trash slug." It makes a home a life. from what others have thrown by the wayside. until Blam. It gets blasted by a wave one day and croaks from all the salt. Then we get to sell the stuff it ate!"

She holds out a pickaxe for us to take. "Please don't make me." Says Luz. "I would literally do anything else." I say

"Oh, come on, you two, it's not every day you get to go to the dump and pick apart a garbage carcass," King says as he lays down a beach towel to sit on.

"Shut up, or I'm throwing you in a trash pile." I whisper harshly at the king. "Eh, nuts to you both," says Eda, swinging her pickax at the trash slug.

"So eda." Luz starts "What if we tried some new lessons for our apprenticeship? read ancient scrolls, mix together potions, or-"

"Ugh! That just sounds like a bunch of magic school stuff." Eda grumbles as she digs through the trash pile.

"Wait. Is there a magic school here? like winding towers and cute uniforms- "magic sports?" I interject. "And dark plots that threaten your life, kind of magic school?"

Eda nods "mmm-hmm. What's worse, they force you to learn magic the "proper" way. but magic isn't proper. It's wild and unpredictable. and that's why it's so beautiful. I didn't finish school, and look at me. Who wouldn't be where I am right now?" She says as she's standing in a trash pile.

We both look at her skeptically. "Uh...Hey! Here's a lesson. A great witch is resourceful like this." She grabs both our hands and sticks them in a puddle of gunk.

She lets go of our hands, and we pull them back up, revealing the disgusting things we grabbed.

"Oh, hey, greasy slimeball." I look over to see that she does, in fact, have a greasy slimeball. Meanwhile, the thing that I pulled out was a coin-looking thing a bit smaller than the size of my palm, with a mirror symbol in the center and intricate designs surrounding it on both sides.

"You know, this would actually be very pretty if it wasn't so disgusting." "Use your items wisely, young witches... back at it! We'll hit the stink nodes first!" She says that she walks further into the trash pile.

"Actually, if it's ok, I think we'll head home." And uh, look at pictures of animals that are still alive."

She walks up to the king and gives him some belly rubs, "love you, king, you little beach, peach." She grabs my hand and starts pulling me away from the corpse.

She lets go of my head as soon as we are out of sight from Eda and King and holds out her slime ball.

"ugh! If magic is all about digging for slime balls, maybe I don't have a stomach for it. At least you've got something interesting."

"In my defense, it doesn't make it any less gross I mean, who knows what that fluid was?" We both shudder at the thought.

Then, suddenly, we hear the voice of a girl: "You can do it! You can!" "Mysterious voice, encouragement?" Luz says as she walks towards the source of the voice. And I follow her.

We look through some bushes to see a witch with glasses and green hair. Luz gasps, "No! Little Witch Girl!" I slap my hand on her mouth and say, "Shhh."