Chapter 2

Kit's POV

I awoke in a soft bed, the room at a perfectly comfortable temperature. I sat up, ran my slim fingers through my brunet hair and took a glimpse of my surroundings. 

The bedroom was modern, filled with shades of white and green, plants situated in the corners. 

I swiftly became aware of hushed voices, whispering in the corner of the room. 

I turned to look at my kidnappers. 

The boy on the left had black curly hair, pale skin and fiery orange eyes. The boy on the left had dark grey curly hair, pale skin and sapphire blue eyes. 

I strained my ears to listen to what they were saying, closing my eyes and laying back down in an attempt to look asleep.

"We know you're awake," a familiar voice said. 

I sighed quietly and opened my eyes, then sat upright, propping my body against the headboard. 

"What is this place?" I muttered quietly.

"Hell, I guess. That's what you humans call it anyways," the boy with the grey hair spoke, "Not what you expected?"

"No," I replied honestly. 

"What is your name, human?" The boy with the black hair asked.

I thought about my answer for a second, "Only if you tell me who and what you are."

The boys exchanged glances at this before my kidnapper spoke up, "My name is Ash, his is Shadow," he gestured to the dark grey haired boy. "We are both demons. I am a fire demon and Shadow is a spirit demon."

I nodded slowly, filing the information away.

"What's your name?" Shadow asked.

"Kit," I sighed, breaking eye contact, "Now, why am I here, in hell?"

Another uneasy glance was exchanged between the demons.

Ash spoke up this time, "It was a bet between me and Shade."

I frowned, "What bet and who is Shade?"

"We can't tell you what the bet was about and Shade is a nickname from Ash," Shadow explained. He stood up and walked towards the door, opening it. 

"I like the name, Kit," he said, before shutting the door.

I felt a slow heat rising; no one had ever liked my name before apart from my mother, and she was dead. 

Ash seemed to notice my change in expression, walking up to me and sitting down on the bed next to me. He gave me an abrupt hug, making me flinch slightly. 

He pulled away, looking concerned and made his way to the door. 

"There is a phone in the drawer of the bedside table. Phoning over-world numbers won't work. You can download any apps you want, it works like an iPhone. Either Shadow or I will call you down for lunch. Any allergies?" 

I mumbled a quiet no in response and watched him leave the room.

Ash's POV 

I closed the door and walked briskly through the hallway, looking for the grey-haired boy. Seeing him lounging on the sofa, I walked in and sat down next to him.

"Shadow..."

"Yes," he replied.

"I'm worried about Kit. I tried to hug him but he flinched. Can you do your spirit thing and find out what's going on?"

"The extent of that section of my powers reaches only to sensing emotions, not thoughts or memories. Sorry Ash," he replied.

"Ok. Are we not going to tell him what the bet is. Surely he has a right to know?" I asked.

"No. If he doesn't play his part then it really doesn't matter anyway. You can't force him to do it."

"I get what you mean, but I want to prove to you that I can actually complete a bet and..." I was cut off by him gently kissing me on the lips. I felt a strong heat rising in my cheeks, a faint tingling on my lips. 

Shadow smirked, "You can't deny the truth Ash. You know what I'm talking about."

And with that, he walked off, leaving me and my thoughts alone.

635 words

a/n

Everything will be explained as the story progresses...