Chapter 3

Kit's POV

As an ideas formed in my mind, my eyes combed the room, looking for a window. I settled my eyes on a small window in the corner of the bathroom. I slipped my shoes on, ran into the bathroom and locked the door. I gently coaxed the window open, not making a sound. I leaned my head out looking down. Luckily I wasn't too high up, only the second storey.

I slipped my body through the gap, grasping the ledge tightly. I pushed off the wall with my feet, rolled to break my fall as I landed on grass.

I took in the shocking sight. It was nothing that I could've imagined to be.

There were lush green hills and mysterious forests on my right. On my left, crimson rocks and fire and lava, with a path running down the middle of them.

Taking a quick glance back, I ran along the path, not caring which direction, as long as I could get away from this hellish place and my demon kidnappers. I desperately needed to get back to father's house in time before he woke up, otherwise he'd make sure I would never live it down.

After what seemed like hours of running and gasping breaths, I came to a halt in front of a deep red, swirling oval, not dissimilar to the one I was dragged through last night. I walked up to the portal, although I found my way blocked by a pair of demons.

"What do we have here?" The demon on the left said.

"It looks like a human," the demon on the right smirked.

"I-I only want to leave. I promise I won't be, um, any trouble," I asked.

They both laughed at this.

"Too late, human. You've already bothered us. Now, as a payment for our troubles..."

They both approached me, trapping me. I screwed my eyes shut and disassociated, in anticipation of what could, and probably would, happen.

Ash's POV

"Shadow!" I yelled, panicking. I hadn't been this worried since the coming of age ceremony, and that was a day I still worry about to this hour.

I saw him rush hurriedly into the room where I was standing, Kit's room.

"What's going on?"

"Kit is not here, he escaped through the window."

"Shit," he muttered, "He's probably by the portal." He took a second to consider something, "Who's on duty today?"

"Oh no, the lust demons," I uttered worriedly.

Shadow grabbed my hand, then squeezed the travel crystal.

Seconds later, we were standing outside the portal. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Shadow running off in the direction of the demons. I followed closely behind him.

I saw Kit curled up on the floor, his fragile frame shaking like a leaf in a hurricane. I ran over to him, knelt down and embraced him.

"It's ok, we'll never let anyone hurt you again," I whispered in his ear.

I ran my fingers through his curly, brunet hair. I saw Shadow walking up to us.

"Take him home," he growled, "I will finish up dealing with these idiots."

I nodded, accepting the travel crystal. I tightened my arms around Kit, and squeezed the crystal, picturing my room. I felt a faint breeze, then my room came into focus around me. I carried the now-sobbing Kit to the bed, slipping off his shoes, and laid him down, climbing next to him. I wrapped my arms around him, holding him tight, and fell asleep. 

573 words

a/n

Wrote this in the back of physics lol