Chapter 7

Kit's POV

I hated myself, so much. I honestly couldn't believe that I didn't have the mental strength to reject them, even though I could've gone back. A part of me, somewhere, felt attracted to the demons.

They did help me after my failed attempt at leaving.

I shuddered at that memory, willing my brain to forget it.

Shadow walked in.

"Hi, how are you?" He asked.

"Ok?" I was throughly confused.

"Ash told me that you were crying yesterday."

I looked down in shame.

"There's nothing to be ashamed about, everyone cries."

"Hey Kit," Ash announced, walking in.

"Hi," I mumbled in response.

My brain whizzed through the outcomes of what I was going to say before deciding to do it.

"Ash, Shadow..."

They turned their attention to me,

"I—I think that I am ready to accept you as my soulmates."

They both smiled softly, although looking slightly shocked at my statement.

"You both have only done good to me, not hurting me for running away and helped me through the aftermath of the portal situation," I explained.

The demons engulfed me in a tight embrace, Shadow kissing my forehead, making me blush.

"Although, can we please take it slowly."

They both agreed to this, however I noticed Shadow's smile fading.

"Kit, what happened in your last relationship?" He asked.

"Nothing," I replied, attempting to shut this conversation down.

"It isn't nothing, Kit. I can feel that it still hurts you," he retaliated.

"I said it's nothing!" I snapped.

"Shade, if he doesn't want to—" Ash started.

"I'm sorry for snapping, if you really want to then we can talk about it another time," I apologised.

Shadow smiled weakly.

"Anyways, we are going to visit my family today," Ash said, trying to ease the tension.

Two hours later, we materialised outside of a castle. The walls were built from a deep black stone, the embellished walls adorned with crimson red vines. Ash lead us inside, through a large, metal door. Inside was simultaneously homely and impressive. There were ornate glass and rhodium lanterns lining the walls and portraits of previous kings.

A tall man stood at one end of the hallway, his tall body slender, with a flaming dark red cloak hanging off his shoulders, black and crimson tunic; a rhodium crown with rubies sat on top of his inky black hair. On his left, was a woman, with black, flowing hair; the ends were dyed flame red.

A small child came running up to us, slamming into Ash, who was now laughing hysterically.

"Ashy!" She squealed.

Ash grinned, "This is my father, mother and younger sister, Ember," he gestured to them.

Ember had deep red hair, accenting her hazel eyes.

I smiled, "Nice to meet you all, my name is Kit."

Ash's parents smiled, then his mother introduced herself and her husband, Ash's father.

"Do you mind if we go hang out in my old room?" Ash asked.

"Sure, just take Ember with you, she hasn't seen you in ages," his mother responded.

Ash nodded and dragged us upstairs, to his room. He threw open his door dramatically and gestured wildly to his room. I had, at some point in time, died from laughing and I was now supported by Shadow, who also looked close to collapsing from laughter.

"Ashy, who is this one?" Ember asked, pointing to me.

Ash looked over to me, his eyes seeking confirmation. I nodded.

"This is Kit, mine and Shadow's soulmate," he explained.

She giggled and ran up to me, to clutch my leg, "Hello uncle Kit."

I grinned and gave her a tight hug, "How old are you?"

"I'm four!" She grinned, my heart melting at her adorable innocence and youth.

"How about we play a game?" Shadow suggested.

"Uno!" Ember squealed, jumping up and down, clapping her hands together.

After two exhausting hours of endless Uno games, of which I won none, Ash's parents called us for dinner.

There was a large, mahogany table situated in the centre of the room, with ornate rhodium and glass candles lining the centre of the table.

As we sat down, large plates of perfectly grilled wagyu steaks were passed around.

After the delicious meal, we left, although were stopped by Ash's father.

"Boys, I just wanted you all to know that I give you my blessing as soulmates."

"Thank you very much, sir, we are appreciative of your blessing," Shadow responded, bowing his head respectfully, gesturing for me to do the same.

We then left, after final goodbyes and a promise to visit again to Ember. Shadow teleported us back to his and Ash's house. 

752 words

a/n

Hello, sorry for not updating, was away in Germany :) Enjoy this chapter!