Chapter 9

Ash's POV

I woke my soulmates up, dragging them both out of the bed, getting audible complaints.

"Come on," I pleaded, "This is our only day in a while that we are going to have free."

"What do you want?" Shadow growled.

"Can we please explore hell for the day?" Kit asked, looking at me with pleading eyes.

"Sure, that was what I was going to suggest anyway," I replied.

After I had bribed, begged and bothered them to get out of bed, I went downstairs and fried some bacon and eggs for breakfast.

"Breakfast," I yelled up the stairs.

Soon Shade and Kit came hurdling down the stairs, Kit screaming and Shadow yelling mock-threateningly. Kit ran over and hid behind me, wrapping his arms tightly around my waist.

"Help, he's trying to tickle me," Kit panted, out of breath.

"You can run, but you cannot hide..." I heard Shadow taunt.

I laughed, making Kit lightly smack my head, telling me to shut up. Shadow walked in, spotting Kit cowering behind me.

"Kit, you cannot run away now. Give it back," Shadow stated.

I turned to Kit, unwrapping his arms from my waist, "What did you do?"

"Nothing," he squeaked.

"He stole my favourite hoodie," Shadow remarked.

I turned around, now noticing that Kit was, indeed, wearing Shadow's favourite black and grey hoodie.

"Shade," I started, "give him a break. He looks cute in it anyways."

Kit blushed at my comment, turning around.

"What is for breakfast?" He mumbled.

I rolled my eyes at the sudden topic change, "Eggs and bacon."

Kit made some sort of gremlin noise, grabbed a plate then sat down, eating the food so fast that he might've been inhaling it. Both me and the other demon laughed at his funny antics.

About half an hour later, we had finished up breakfast and we were ready to go.

Shadow teleported us to the entrance of the aqua sector.

As the world twisted, swirled and materialised into view, out of the corner of my eyes, I saw Kit stunned and mouth agape.

Turquoise waterfalls cascaded off the towering cliffs, falling into crystal clear lakes. Fields of wildflowers running for miles, behind the water features.

"Welcome to aqua sector," Shadow stated, gesturing grandly.

"You can stop now," I whispered teasingly into Kit's ear, making him turn around sharply, his hair whipping my face.

"I've never seen anything so beautiful," he marvelled.

"I've been graced with the displeasure of exploring your pathetic human cities, you are therefore correct," I stated, making Kit burst out laughing.

"Guys, hurry up!" I heard Shadow yell. I turned around and saw him standing by the precipice of the waterfall. I dragged Kit over to the edge, next to Shadow.

Shadow grabbed both mine and Kit's hands.

"Don't let go," he warned.

I barely had time to register his warning before he jumped off the edge, dragging us with him. The wind rushed past my ears, blowing my inky black hair upwards.

We landed with a massive splash, water flooding my vision. I let go of Shadow and swam up to the surface.

When I had managed to pull myself out the lake, I saw Shadow, sitting on a log, looking smug.

"You asshole! You didn't even warn us!"

I turned around to see a fuming Kit.

Five minutes later, a girl with blue hair and bright blue eyes came up to us.

"Prince Hayes, Prince Alarie," she said, bowing respectfully, "Nice to see you again in Aqua Sector."

"Nice to see you too, Marina," Shadow replied respectfully, bowing his head.

"Enough with the formalities," I scoffed, "This is Kit," I gestured to him.

"Hi," he whispered timidly.

"He's our soulmate," Shadow explained.

"Glad to hear that you both have found your soulmate. Especially Ash, as I know how much you wanted to have a polyamorous relationship."

I glared at her playfully.

She laughed and walked off into the fields, gesturing for us to follow her. We ran after her.

After ten minutes of running, we arrived at a town, with sleek, glossy white buildings lining the edge of teal rivers flowing between the houses as streets.

"Is this the demon version of Venice?" Kit asked, "It's much prettier and cleaner."

"Obviously, we take pride in keeping our city clean," Marina stated, looking slightly offended at Kit's comparison to a human city.

We spent the next few hours exploring the town, delving into the small alleyways, nooks and crannies.

"Goodbye Marina, nice to see you again. We need to get going now," I explained.

"Ok, but a quick hug before you go," Marina requested.

I smiled and gave her a tight hug before grabbing my soulmates' hands and squeezing the travel crystal, picturing our living room.

We materialised in the room, with a faint breeze.

"Go to bed, the both of you. We are meeting my family tomorrow and I don't want any cranky attitudes," Shadow ordered.

I went upstairs and flopped onto my bed. Kit climbing in after me,prompting me to pull him close into my chest. I slowly drifted off, only waking once when Shadow joined us an hour later. 

844 words

a/n

Sorry for not updating, I've been struggling with multiple injuries and illnesses lately. Thanks for the reads!

Into Hell - On HoldOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara