Chapter 6

Kit's POV

I don't remember a time where I woke up; I just spent the night drifting in and out of consciousness.

I now found myself, curled up in a ball on the floor, the weight of the world crushing me. My breaths quickened, my lungs gasping for air. I blacked out.

I drifted into consciousness, my head spinning.

What was happening to me? Why do I have to be tied to those demons for life? They kidnapped me.

I reached into the back pocket of my jeans, pulling out an all-too familiar object.

Grasping it tightly, I pulled my body to the bathroom, locking the door behind me.

I opened my hand and stared at the shiny, sharp piece of metal. Hands shaking, I brought it to the inside of my arm, slashing the skin, covering the old scars with new ones.

If I couldn't get back to the overworld, I would have to guilt trip the demons into letting me lead.

Half an hour later, the blood on my arms had finally clotted, covering the inside of my arms in scabs.

Hearing a sharp knock at the door, I rolled my hoodie's sleeves down and pocketed the blade, then unlocked and opened the door.

"Hey Kit," Ash stood in the doorway, "I just wanted to check up on you. Your brain must've overloaded last night as you passed out."

I stood motionless, still silently sobbing.

He walked up to me and gently wiped the tears off my cheeks.

"It's ok to be afraid or upset, but please just know that we both love you and will always be there for you, wether you reject us or not."

"I can reject you?" I asked, almost inaudible.

"Yes," he sighed, "If in your heart, you truly hate us, you can reject us. Although if you do, all three of us will fall into deep depression that will likely end up in suicide."

Not like that was where I was ending up anyways.

Ash tilted his head slightly, as if he was trying to deduce what I was thinking, before giving up.

"Shadow and I will check on you tomorrow. There is food in your room, and if you want to talk or want something, just find us; we'll be around the house."

He left the room, shutting the door behind him, once again leaving me to my thoughts. 

390 words