Chapter 8

Kit's POV

I sat down on one side of my bed, the demons on the other side.

"Kit, are you ready to talk about what happened?" Shadow asked.

"Talk about everything? My past, issues and everything? I don't want to scar you," I whispered the final part.

"We can handle it, don't worry. But yes, everything," Ash replied.

"It started when I was six years old. My mother died and my father... to put it simply, couldn't deal with the grief," I started to explain.

"What did he do, exactly?" Shadow prompted, his voice soft and gentle.

"He would...," I stuttered, "...beat me and lock me up in the basement for hours."

Tears were flowing down the side of my face. Shadow shuffled over to me and wrapped his arms around me, engulfing me in a safe, warm, loving hug.

After a few minutes, he pulled away, to ask the next question.

"What happened in your previous relationship?"

I took a second to consider and form my answer, "I'm only going to say that I am glad that I got away from that guy, and that what the other demons did to me wasn't new," I cried, my body now trembling from my sobbing.

"Kit," Ash whispered, "It's ok. We will never let anything like that happen to you again."

I felt them both wrap their arms around my shaking body, whispering words of reassurance into my ear. Shadow's hand gently caressed my cheek, wiping the tears off my face. He then leaned in, and graced my cheek with a soft kiss, Ash followed suit, kissing my other cheek.

"We'll keep you safe and protect you, no matter what."

I smiled faintly, then fell asleep, the demons still embracing me. 

285 words

a/n

Hello, thank you for the reads. I apologise for the short chapter, next one should be longer :)