Chapter XIV. Hotel tryst.

Playlist:
good girl - thomas la rosa
meddle about - chase atlantic
taste - ari abdul
babydoll - ari abdul

As the band began their set, Tom could see April in the front row, singing along to every word. He felt a sense of joy and pride seeing her there, supporting him and his music. The crowd was electric, feeding off the energy of the band and their performance.

Halfway through the set, Tom leaned into the microphone and said, "I want to dedicate this next song to someone very special to me. Someone who has inspired me to write some of my best music. Someone who I care about deeply." He looked directly at April as he said this, and the crowd erupted in cheers and applause.

The band began playing a soft melody, and Tom began singing the lyrics he had written just a few days before.

"Cause oh I can't wait any longer

I must see you oh
I'm gon' fly all the way to New York
Just to see your
Gold eyes with the emerald on the outside
Oh it hurts my heart to think about it"

He looked at April again, and saw tears streaming down her face. He smiled, knowing that he had touched her heart with his words.

As the song came to an end, the crowd erupted in applause once again. Tom and the band bowed, and Tom motioned for April to come up on stage. She hesitated at first, but then made her way to the front of the stage, where Tom took her hand and pulled her closer to him.

"April, I just want you to know that you mean the world to me. You have always been there for me, and I am so grateful to have you in my life." Tom said, looking directly into her eyes. "I know we have a complicated past, but I can't help how I feel about you. I love you, April. I always have, and I always will."

April looked stunned, but then a smile broke out on her face. "Tom, I love you too," she said, her voice cracking with emotion. The crowd erupted in cheers and applause once again, and Tom pulled April into a tight embrace, kissing her deeply as the crowd cheered even louder.

As the band continued their set, Tom and April stood on stage, holding hands and looking out at the crowd. They knew that their relationship would be difficult, with the pressures of fame and their past history, but in that moment, they didn't care. All that mattered was the love they had for each other.

After the show, Tom and April went backstage, where they were greeted by the other members of the band. Bill, Gustav, and Georg all hugged April tightly, welcoming her back into the fold.

"We're so happy to have you back, April," Bill said, beaming with pride. "We missed you so much."

April smiled, feeling a sense of belonging she hadn't felt in a long time. "I missed you guys too. It's great to be back."

As they chatted and caught up, Tom's phone rang. He looked at the caller ID, and saw that it was his manager.

"Hey, what's up?" Tom said, answering the call.

"Tom, we need to talk," his manager said, sounding urgent. "Can you come to my office right away?"

Tom sighed, knowing that this probably meant bad news. "Yeah, sure. I'll be there in a few."

As he hung up the phone, April looked at him, concern etched on her face. "What's wrong?"

"I don't know yet, but it sounds serious," Tom said, grabbing his jacket. "I have to go to my manager's office. Will you be okay here?"

April nodded, giving him a reassuring smile. "I'll be fine. Go take care of whatever it is. I'll be here when you get back."

Tom leaned down, kissing her on the forehead. "I'll be back as soon as I can."