Chapter XVI. She looks nothing like me.

Playlist:

opposite - Sabrina Carpenter

April sat nervously in the interview room, fiddling with her fingers as the host introduced her as the rising star in the music industry. The host, a middle-aged woman with a friendly smile, greeted her warmly and began the interview.

Host: "April, it's great to have you here. Your new single has been making waves in the music industry. Can you tell us a bit about it?"

April: "Thank you so much for having me here. My new single is called 'Phases'. It's a heartfelt ballad about being in love with someone who can't seem to make up their mind on where you stand to them."

Host: "It sounds like a very personal song. Is it based on your own experiences?"

April: "Yes, it is. I went through a very difficult breakup recently and this song is a reflection of my emotions and thoughts during that time."

Host: "I'm sorry to hear that. Would you like to talk more about the breakup and how it inspired the song?"

April hesitated for a moment before nodding slowly. "Yes, I don't mind talking about it. I got cheated on and it was a really difficult time for me. I felt like my whole world was falling apart and I didn't know what to do. But writing this song was therapeutic for me and helped me cope with the pain."

Host: "That sounds like a tough situation to go through. How did you manage to write the song?"

April: "I usually start with the melody and then the lyrics come naturally. But with this song, the lyrics just poured out of me. It was like I had to get everything out of my system."

Host: "That's really powerful. Do you think this experience has changed your music style or approach to songwriting?"

April: "Definitely. I think that when you go through a heartbreak, it changes you as a person and as an artist. I've been more vulnerable and honest in my music since the breakup, and I think that shows in 'Phases."

Host: "It definitely does. The lyrics are very raw and emotional. What's next for you? Can we expect a new album soon?"

April: "Right now, I'm just focusing on releasing singles and exploring different genres. I don't have a new album planned yet, but who knows what the future holds?"

Host: "And how has the response been to the new single so far?"

April: "It's been amazing. I've been blown away by the support from my fans and the industry. It's always nerve-wracking to release new music, but the positive feedback has been really encouraging."

Host: "That's great to hear. Now, I have to ask - there are rumors circulating that the breakup you mentioned was with another musician. Care to comment on that?"

April: "I'd rather not say, out of respect for his privacy. But yes, the song is definitely about a personal experience with someone in the music industry."

Host: "Fair enough. Moving on, I noticed that your sound has evolved quite a bit since your days in the band. Can you tell us a bit about how you've grown as an artist?"

April: "Definitely. When I was in the band, I was focused on making music that fit within a certain genre and style. But since going solo, I've been able to experiment more and explore different sounds and genres. I think my new music reflects a more authentic version of myself as an artist."

Host: "And what can fans expect from your upcoming live shows?"

April: "I'm really excited to get back on stage and perform for my fans. My live shows are all about energy and connecting with the audience. I love to incorporate elements of dance and performance art into my sets. So, fans can definitely expect a high-energy show with lots of surprises."