Chapter XV. We're done.

Playlist: 

selfish - Madison beer

king for a day - pierce the veil

phases - maggie lindemann

April continued on her tour, visiting different cities and performing for her fans. The band had also started their tour, playing shows in different states across the country. Tom and April were still in a committed relationship, despite the distance between them.

Every night after April finished her show, she would call Tom and they would talk for hours. They talked about everything, from their days to their future plans. They made sure to keep each other updated on their lives and stay connected even though they were apart.

"Hey babe, how was your show tonight?" Tom asked as he answered the phone.

"It was amazing! The crowd was so hyped up and I had so much fun on stage. How was your day?" April replied.

"It was good, just spent most of it in the studio working on some new music with the guys. Can't wait for you to hear it," Tom said.

"I can't wait to hear it either. I miss you so much, Tom," April said with a sigh.

"I miss you too, babe. But we'll be together again soon. Just a few more weeks," Tom reassured her.

"I know, I just hate being away from you for so long," April said.

"I hate it too, but we'll make it work. We always do," Tom said.

They continued talking for hours, catching up on everything they missed while they were apart. They talked about their families, their friends, and their hopes and dreams for the future. They laughed and joked around, enjoying each other's company even though they were miles apart.

As the days passed, April's tour took her to new cities and she met new people. She made new friends and fans, but Tom was always on her mind. She looked forward to their daily phone calls, and the thought of seeing him again kept her going.

One day, as April was getting ready for her show, she received a surprise call from Tom.

"Hey, what's up?" April asked as she answered the phone.

"Nothing much, just wanted to hear your voice and wish you luck for your show tonight," Tom replied.

"Aww, that's so sweet of you. Thank you, babe," April said, smiling.

"I wish I could be there to see you perform. But I'll be watching from here," Tom said.

"I know you will. And I'll make sure to give it my all," April said.

"I have no doubt that you will. You always do," Tom said.

They continued talking for a while longer, exchanging sweet words and reminiscing about their past memories. The conversation came to an end as April had to get ready for her show.

"Thanks for calling, Tom. You always know how to brighten up my day," April said.

"Anytime, babe. I love you," Tom said.

"I love you too," April replied before hanging up the phone.

As April got ready for her show, she felt a a little sick to her stomach, not understanding where it's coming from but decided to brush it off and continue with the rest of the day.

--

After the show, April sat down for an interview with a local radio station. The interviewer, a woman in her mid-thirties, greeted her with a smile and a handshake before the cameras started rolling.