Hazel

Veronica is my best friend, and I couldn't be luckier.

She's a short, raven-haired girl with green eyes and a heart-melting smile. She's smart, funny, kind, sweet, athletic and adorable.

She's one of the most well-liked girls in our school, and she's friendly to everyone.

But she's my best friend. She's been my best friend since kindergarten. She was the only girl there who didn't mind that I had two mommies, or that I refused to talk to the other kids.

She always sat with me at lunch, even when the popular girls would invite her to sit with them instead.

Veronica was, is, and always will be my best friend. That's just how things went.

We had our whole life planned out. She was going to become a famous playwright, and I would act in the starting role of her Tony-winning play. We would live together in a small house, which would have a garden, a library room, and a dog.

We'll spend our whole life together, I knew it.

But it didn't always seem that Veronica knew it.

Sometimes, Veronica would ask me if I wanted to sit with the cheer team for lunch, or if I'd like to go to one of Elizabeth's parties. I would always laugh, and she'd join me after a bit, muttering "Of course not" quietly to herself.

I don't get why she'd want to go to Elizabeth's parties anyways. It's not like she's friends with her.

Elizabeth was the queen of the school, captain of the cheerleading team, and a total snake. She might have fooled Veronica and the rest of the school with her 'Nice girl' act, but not me. She was the girl who outed my moms to the rest of the class, and who made me the victim of bullies for the first three years of high school.

There was only one girl who was worse than Elizabeth, and her name was Madeline.

Both girls were evil blondes, but where Elizabeth would at least fake being nice, Madeline wouldn't show such dignity. Madeline, to put it simply, was an insufferable know-it-all who found pleasure in writing cruel criticisms of my acting in the school's newspaper, and who spent most of her life insulting all her classmates, especially me. The only redeeming quality she has is that she too, is a lone wolf, though whether it's by choice or because no one would ever want to be her friend is up for debate.

All this being said, I was incredibly lucky that Veronica is my best friend, and that she chose me over the cruel popular girls and the snobbish writers.

And that is why when the first week of senior year started and Veronica told me she wanted to join the cheerleading team, I nearly fainted. I laughed it off, but she told me she was serious, and then said something that really rocked my world.

She told me she had a crush on Betty.

Betty was awesome, not even I could deny that. They were on the basketball team and they were one of the only actually nice popular kids. They were a beyond talented player, and they were also incredibly beautiful. I had thought about asking them out once, but I brushed the idea aside when I remembered Veronica.

Never did I think Veronica would go out of her way to join the cheerleading team for her.

I ended up telling her she should go for it, the words stabbing my heart as they came out. There was nothing I could do though. Not yet at least.

~~~

A/N

I hoped you enjoyed this first chapter!! Next one will be writen in a more casual format. I found this from a while ago and I decided to finish it.

There is also tumblr accouts for 4 out of the 7 main characters

Silly-hazely
Maddies-little-world
Betty-set-go
Ronnies-diary-of-weirdness

My tumblr is @ coffeelovinggayidiot :)

Credit to Hunbloom for the picrew

https://picrew.me/en/image_maker/626197