Chapter 03

~~~That afternoon~~~

Clara's POV
I sighed as I munched on my pizza after telling my friends the events that transpired this morning over lunch.

The lunch ladies had kindly loaded up my plate with two slices of pizza, a basket of fries, a cheeseburger, with a side of fruit so I could eat away my self loathing.

I had managed to get through most of the day without running into Bella or the two Cullens that I hated.

Edward and Alice.

Contrary to the books Alice was Asian as well and looked like the lost love child of Lucy Liu and Jackie Chan. Her hair was in a buzzed pixie cut and she wore chic-preppy clothes. She too wore brown colored contacts which gave her almost black eyes.

Alice was very bubbly and seemingly joyful, but she was rather stuck up and rude. She had no respect for boundaries and often times made me feel uncomfortable.

(Description inspired by Gemma Chua-Tran)

Finally, the man that you've been thirsting over for years, Edward Cullen. He had a boyish, but angular face with coppery strawberry blonde hair and he wore green contacts over his red eyes making them a golden-hazel color.

He was like a male version of Bella. A constipated look with an arrogant ignorance that most people find annoying.

(Description inspired by David Corenswet)

I had met Carlisle at the hospital by accident and Esme at the grocery store a few times.

Carlisle, the patriarch of the Cullen clan, stood at 6'0 feet tall and had messy, dirty blonde hair and wore blue contacts to hide his red eyes (making his eyes purple). His face was pale and round and he looked between 25-30 years old.

He had an intense gaze and Emmett, Rosalie, and Jasper didn't like me alone with him. He was a smooth talker, but he had a certain.....creepy feel to him. Despite the books description of him, he was not the kind, fatherly figure that Stephanie portrayed him as.

(Description inspired by Leonardo DiCaprio)

Esme, the maternal figure of the Cullens, was kind and gentle as she was portrayed in the books. She stood at 5'8 feet tall and looked to be between 19-22 years old. She had curly dark brown hair with hints of red, and a heart shaped face. Her skin was pale like the rest of the Cullens and she wore green contacts giving herself hazel eyes.

She was extremely polite and sensitive. There was something off about her though...... I couldn't be certain, but it was almost as if she was still being abused. She shared characteristics of women in an abusive relationship, but the books said that her ex husband was the abuser.... Could Carlisle—

(Description inspired by Emmy Rossum)

"So you're telling me, that Bella disrespected Mrs. C in front of you not once, but twice and you warned her the first time that you didn't tolerate her being disrespected, and your in trouble for defending Mrs. C?" Mike asked, interrupting my thoughts, as he tried to piece together this morning's events.

I sighed again and thumped my head on the table before saying "I'm not really in trouble, mom's just disappointed in me for choosing violence" Rosalie frowned before saying "While I don't agree with violence first, I think that you were right to beat Bella up" "I second that" Lauren piped up making everyone look at the duo.

Lauren decided to explain "Bella was never disciplined by Renee, she grew up a spoilt brat and now she's been sent here because Renee can't handle her anymore" I nodded as I had suspected that the 'second honeymoon' that Renee said she was going on was crap "Makes sense...." I admitted.

"That doesn't mean you should beat her up again. She should've understood the boundary you set now" Rosalie piped up as she gave me a look making me nod and hold my hands up in surrender.

It was then that Alice and Edward made their entrance into the cafeteria. I immediately scanned the cafeteria and spotted Bella sitting alone at a table. She was staring at them with obvious interest as Alice excitedly gestured towards her and whispered something to Edward that made the others at our table stiffen up.

Jasper suddenly pulled me towards him and buried his nose into my hair. A nervous habit he developed after meeting me. I reached behind me and stroked his hair soothingly ignoring the glares from Alice and Edward.

'God, I can't wait for you to meet Bella, Eddie-boi. I only wish that I had the same biology class as you two so I could sit back and eat popcorn as I watch the dramaedy that's about to unfold...' I thought fearlessly as Edward's expression didn't change. You must be confused as to why Edward seemingly can't read my mind.... Well I suspected that, similarly to Bella, I had psychic abilities as a human.

Except my shield seemed to be stronger.

Throughout my entire new life I've yet to break any bones or develop any sort of injury, even when I once fell out of a tree. I walked away without a scratch on me. Furthermore I never got sick. Not even a cold or allergies.

It's as if I was immune to all injuries and ailments, like Achilles.

Then there was the nature of my scent, unlike Bella, I wasn't mouthwateringly irresistible. My scent seemed to soothe the bloodlust of vampires rather than tempt them like Bella's.

I'm once again snapped out of my thoughts by the bell ringing signaling the end of lunch "C'mon, let's get to English Literature" Rosalie said before smiling at me. I got up and gathered my things before following her and Jasper to class.

As we walked to class Rose spoke up and said "By the way, it's supposed to be sunny tomorrow and Carlisle wants to take us on a camping trip. Could you collect our notes?" I nodded and said "Sure, no problem."

I almost forgot! Vampires don't sparkle in sunlight! Nor do they combust into flames or dust, sorry my Buffy and Vampire Diaries fans.

The sunlight does have a weird affect on them though, it's not too noticeable unless you're looking for it, but you can almost see right through them and into the bones....it's weird.

It just means that I have no excuse to call Edward an oversized disco ball....or Alice a crack and glitter infused pixie stick.