Chapter 20

Clarice's POV
I sighed as I slipped into the steamy lavender scented bathtub after calling my dad—-err.... well.....

Okay let me explain.

As I'm sure most of you are aware, there are lots of soul bonds in the universe. Romantic and platonic.

Marcus says that I'm his soul child, which is a strong platonic bond (very sacred as well) and since Esme is his mate that means she's my soul mother.

It's honestly confusing because I love Charlie and Cora, they raised me, but I never felt connected to them or appreciated. I love them, but..... deep down I know that I was never truly theirs. It hurts to think about, and I don't know if I'm ready to admit or talk about it yet.

Marcus seemed to understand because he was giving me space, and focusing on retrieving the remaining Cullens for a proper trail of the coven.

I had spent the evening talking with Didyme and met her mate, Fred, and yes I mean the same Fred from the second life of Bree Tanner. He stood at 5'7 feet tall and had straight blonde hair with traditional vampiric red eyes and translucent pale skin (Oliver Zetterström).

Apparently, a couple weeks ago the Volturi had paid Victoria a visit to check out her newborn army and found 3 of her newly born vampires attempting to escape her clutches.

There was Fred of course, then Diego and Bree. Diego had straight, dark hair and stood at 5'10 feet tall (Felix Mallard) and Bree had curly, medium brown hair and stood at 5'0 feet tall (Katie Douglas).

They sought sanctuary with the Volturi and it was granted, because unlike SMeyers sack of lies they weren't the antagonist in Twilight. They were just trying to protect their species and uphold the law.

Did Caius have a short temper?

Yes.

But is he a sadist?

No.

He just hates lawbreakers, abusers, and rapists. Especially rapists.....

Is Aro a little eccentric?

Yes.

Insane?

No.

Did he have a slight curiosity about gifts?

Yes.

Does he low-key collect them and study them?

Yes.

But he doesn't force people to stay here and he doesn't manipulate people into joining his coven.

I sighed as I watched the billows of steam rise and twirl around the black marble.

I finally had a moment to relax and breathe after everything that happened today. What made it worse was that everyone hovered me like bees to honey. No one would give me space for too long—

A knock interrupted my thoughts "Clarice? Are you okay in there?" Felix called out nearly making me groan "I'll be out in a minute!" I called before dunking myself underneath the milky water.

When I emerged I saw that the maids that I had kicked out earlier had returned "Mr. Felix says that you're taking too long" "We told you that you needed our help" I scowled at the duo "I don't need help, I'm trying to relax. Now if you're not out of here in the next five seconds I'm screaming" that made them scamper out.

I went back to soaking in the tub and lazily running a wash cloth along my body.

~~~timeskip~~~
After exiting the tub and getting dressed in more clothes provided by Heidi, I sat on the bed and started brushing my damp hair.

~~~timeskip~~~After exiting the tub and getting dressed in more clothes provided by Heidi, I sat on the bed and started brushing my damp hair

I kept staring at the scar Jasper gave me......if vampire teeth can penetrate my defenses could another supernatural creature's teeth or claws do the same? I got so used to being invulnerable that I forgot what pain felt like..... I forgot what it felt like to be weak.

I heard a knock at the door and I sighed "Come in but don't expect a warm welcome" at that a pair of familiar faces entered and stood in front of the bed.

I stared at the twins for a moment before saying "It's been a long day, can we talk about the mate thing tomorrow morning?" The twins exchanged looks before looking at me "Marcus was right, you are quick to catch on" Jane said before taking a seat next to me. Alec followed his sister's lead and sat on my other side.

"We just need....a light color?" Jane said questioningly making look at her as if she grew two heads "What?" I asked slightly amused "You know..... green for go, yellow for slow down, and red for stop?" Jane said making huff and say "You want to know if I'm interested in entering a relationship with two people that I just met just because you're my soulmates?"

"No" Alec said, speaking up for the first time, before hooking his finger underneath my chin and gently turning my head to face him "We want to know what you want from us, La mia principessa, we'll give you anything you want if you only ask" he continues in a hushed voice.

"I'm scared....." I confessed slowly causing Jane's breath to hitch from behind me and Alec's face to fall. He immediately dropped his hand from my face, recoiling as if he'd been burned "Not of you, but.... I don't know how I can be what you need me to be. I'm way too broken."

"You don't seem broken to me, amore mio, hurt yes, but not broken" Alec said "But even if you were, we'd still love you and do anything to fix what others tried to destroy" Jane added making me look between them "....do you think, that we could try to be friends first then.... Work our way up?"

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Of course, La mia principessa."