Chapter 04

Clara's POV
Snickers wracked through my body as I drove away from school and towards the grocery store where Esme would be shopping for her weekly supplies to appear human.

Yes, it may be creepy that I memorized the fact that Esme went grocery shopping every Monday, but it was all for a good cause in the end!

......oh my god.... I'm turning into Edward!

Anyways, the reason I'm giggling like an idiot is because I just watched Edward storm out of school looking so pissed! And Bella trailing behind him like a kicked puppy, with her constant bland expressions it looked hilarious!

My inner demon has been sated.

I climbed out of Roscoe and trotted inside the store. I grabbed a cart and started stocking up on baking supplies for mom. We were running out anyway.

I then 'accidentally' bump into Esme "Oh! I'm so sorry, Mrs. Cullen, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going" I say making her smile "It's alright, Clarice, how are you doing? Your parents?" She said in a soft, meek voice making me smile "We're all fine! Actually I was hoping to bump into you and doc" I answered making her smile lessen at the mention of her husband "Oh? What did you need us for?"

"It's about Edward-" I started only for Esme to start fretting "What did he say? Did he do something? Are you alright?" She rapidly asked making me shake my head and wave my hands about "No, no, no it's nothing like that! It's just.... My older sister, Bella, moved into town and I noticed a certain...tension between them. I just thought a heads up to stock on condoms would be helpful" I explained startling her "Condoms...?" She asked making me nod.

"Yeah! I know it's probably weird, but it's better safe than sorry! Wouldn't want anyone getting pregnant!" I joked and laughed making Esme laugh as well "Thank you. I'll take your advice" she said with a smile "Alrighty then! See you around, Mrs. Cullen" I said happily "Bye, Clarice" Esme said as I trotted off.

I finished my shopping and headed home where I started unloading and putting groceries away. I was interrupted halfway through by a text from dad;

Dad-
"Cora wants us to have dinner at the diner tonight. Bella's coming too. See you there?"
Me.

I sighed but texted back;

Me-
"Sure thing. Be there in a few minutes.
Dad.

I texted him my order before finishing up the groceries and headed there, dreading the look on mom's face... I hope she's still not upset about this morning.

I arrived there only to see dad and mom talking at a table. Dad saw me first, and nudged mom before gesturing towards me. I gulped as mom looked up at me and started walking towards me, before I could utter a word she wrapped me in her arms and said in my ear "I'm not upset anymore, but we'll need to talk about this again later. For now, let's try to have a nice dinner, okay?"

I hugged her back and buried my face into her shoulder before letting out a muffled "Okay..." she led me to the table then left to get our food and clock out.

Dad got a beer with steak and roasted potatoes, mom got sweet tea with steak and mashed potatoes, I got a chocolate milkshake with a bacon cheeseburger and fries, while Bella got lemon water with grilled chicken with a side salad.

We started talking and having a good time, but all good things come to an end, and ours ended when Bella entered the diner looking pissed.

Oh joy....