Note

Not important to the story so feel free to skip!

Recasting Twilight has been on my mind a lot lately and I've mostly focused on Bella, and her parents.

My first thought was Mackenzie Foy as Bella because she knows the story (playing Renesmee in Breaking Dawn) and having history with the twilight universe. So if she ever came back to play her, who would her parents be?

I, personally, don't think anyone can ever replace Billy Burke's Charlie, but it's interesting to wonder about.

I based it on both looks, and characters that they previously played in the past and came up with David Boreanaz and Emily Deschanel as Charlie Swan and Renee Dwyer.

My thought process is that they've played characters with similar personalities to Charlie and Renee and when they worked together on Bones they had a lot of chemistry (in my opinion).

Boreanaz is also a natural goofy and funny guy who can bring out Charlie's awkward and playful personality. He's also played an FBI agent which gives him familiarity with law enforcement AND he played as Angel the Vampire in the Buffyverse which also gives him an edge with the supernatural.

As for Deschanel, she's played maternal characters in the past. In Bones when she and Boreanaz end up together and have a daughter, she becomes very protective and does everything possible to give her a better childhood than she had. Recently in 'Devil in Ohio', she played another maternal role with a slightly flaky and passionate personality.

On the chance they go a different route, I also considered Malina Weissman for the role of Bella with either Dakota Johnson or Emily Browning as Renee and either Tom Cruise as Charlie

Malina Weissman looks almost identical to Emily Browning and even played as Violet Baudelaire in A Series of Unfortunate Events on Netflix (a role previously played by Emily Browning) and Stephanie Meyer did say that Emily Browning was the inspiration for Bella's appearance and wanted her to play Bella in the original film.

Weissman can play that shy, insecure girl who doesn't see how beautiful she actually is which is a part of Bella's personality.

I was torn with the parents but ultimately thought that both Johnson and Browning could play Renee based on appearances since in the books and the previous movie Bella looked very similar to Renee and mainly inherited her father's eyes. Plus, Johnson is one of my personal top actresses to play a maternal figure (Aside from Deschanel and Emily Blunt).

As for Cruise has experience with police/law enforcement films with Cruise's Jack Reacher and Mission Impossible (Let's not forget his role in Interview with a Vampire which gives him bonus points in the supernatural department; plus Tome Cruise as Charlie and Brad Pitt as Carlisle? Interesting....).

Finally I was thinking Kit Harington and Rose Leslie as Charlie and Renee with either Millie Bobby Brown or Bella Ramsey as Bella

Harington and Leslie are married in real life, having fallen in love during their collaboration in the Game of Thrones series where they played characters that displayed similar traits to Charlie and Renee.

Jon Snow was a humble, noble man that was loyal and dutiful to the North and his family (at least that's how I saw his character).

Ygritte was a adventurous, fun loving, and passionate character which matches Renee's personality a lot.

Plus both actors have similar appearances to Charlie and Renee.

As for Bella, I was torn because both actresses could bring more personality to Bella Swan. Both are funny and sarcastic and I'd love to see them play Bella's awkward teasing with Edward from the books.

Just some food for thought

Just some food for thought..... what do you guys think?