𝓈𝓊𝓂𝓂ℯ𝓇 𝒻𝒶𝓂𝒾𝓁𝓎 ⁰³

Belly sat in the passenger seat of the car, the music blasting through the speakers as she sang along to the upbeat rhythm of "Can't Do Better" by Kim Petras. Her voice filled the vehicle, her excitement evident in every word. Beside her, her mother, Laurel, tapped her fingers on the steering wheel, a smile playing on her lips.

The anticipation bubbled within Belly as they drew closer to their destination – Susannah's beach house. This summer was different. Florence, her best friend, would be joining them after a year apart. The thought of reuniting with her filled Belly with excitement and joy. They had shared countless summer memories together, and now, with Florence's return, Belly knew they were in for something special.

Laurel glanced at Belly, her heartwarming at the sight of her daughter's uncontainable joy. "You're really excited, aren't you, Belly?" she asked, her voice filled with affection.

Belly grinned, her eyes sparkling with anticipation. "Are you kidding, Mom? This summer is going to be epic!" she exclaimed, unable to hide her enthusiasm. "I can't wait to see Florence again. It's been way too long. Do you think Florence has changed a lot since we last saw her?"

"People change, sweetie, but true friendship remains. I'm sure Florence is just as excited to see you as you are to see her. It'll be like old times."

Belly nodded, a mix of nerves and anticipation fluttering in her stomach. She had changed in the past year, gaining newfound confidence and a stronger sense of self. She couldn't wait to show Florence how much she had grown. Together, they would conquer the summer and make lasting memories.

As the car pulled into the driveway of Susannah's beach house, Belly's excitement reached its peak. She could hardly contain herself. The familiar sight of the house brought back memories of laughter, sandcastles, and endless summer nights.

Bouncing out of the car, Belly took a deep breath, relishing the salty sea breeze that greeted her. She glanced at Steven, a mischievous sparkle in her eyes. "Race you to the front door!"

Steven's face lit up, and they both sprinted towards the entrance, their laughter filling the air. Laurel followed behind, a smile on her face, reveling in the infectious joy of her children.

⋅• ━━━ ••⋅⊰☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎⊱⋅•• ━━━ •⋅

Florence blinked sleepily as she heard the loud honk of a car, her eyes fluttering open. She sat up, disoriented for a moment, her mind trying to piece together where she was. Then it all came rushing back to her—she had fallen asleep on the living room couch in Susannah's beach house.

She stretched her arms above her head, yawning as she glanced around the room. Confusion washed over her as she realized she wasn't on the couch anymore. How had she ended up upstairs?

Rubbing her eyes, Florence pushed herself off the bed and made her way to the window. She pulled back the curtains and peered outside, her eyes widening in surprise. The sight before her brought a smile to her face, banishing any lingering traces of sleepiness.

There, in the driveway, was a car with familiar faces pouring out of it. Belly ran towards Jeremiah, wrapping him in a tight embrace. Florence's heart warmed at the sight of their reunion—their friendship was so pure and unbreakable. Behind them, she spotted Steven and Laurel, their smiles radiating warmth and affection.

Eager to join the joyful gathering, Florence quickly pulled her hair up into a ponytail, securing it with an elastic band. She hurried down the stairs, her footsteps light as she made her way to the driveway to greet her best friends.

Florence ran out of the house, the warm sun embracing her as she took in the familiar surroundings. Lost in her excitement, she was caught off guard and stumbled, her heart skipping a beat. Just as she was about to fall, a pair of arms wrapped around her, steadying her.

Startled, she looked up and found herself staring into Conrad's deep blue eyes. A wave of relief washed over her as she realized he had saved her from an embarrassing fall.

"You okay?" Conrad asked, his voice filled with genuine concern.

Florence nodded, her cheeks flushed with a mixture of gratitude and embarrassment, "yeah, I'm fine. Thanks for catching me," she replied, her voice slightly breathless.

As she straightened her dress and regained her composure, Jeremiah rushed to her, his face beaming with excitement. Before Florence could utter a word, she was engulfed in a tight, bone-crushing hug. Jeremiah's embrace felt like home, like a long-awaited reunion.

"Flo, I was dying to say hi, but you were asleep, and mom didn't let me wake you! I missed you so much!" Jeremiah exclaimed, his voice filled with genuine affection and excitement.

A warm smile spread across Florence's face as she returned the embrace, feeling the weight of their friendship and the genuine love that bound them together. "I missed you too, Jer. It's so good to see you," she said, her voice filled with warmth and sincerity.

The joyful moment was interrupted by the sound of Belly's voice, cutting through the air like music. "Hey, get away from my best friend, I wanna say hi!" she declared, her tone playful yet possessive.

Jeremiah released Florence from his grip with an eye-roll, as she turned to face Belly, her heart swelling with affection. The two friends locked eyes, and without a moment's hesitation, they rushed towards each other, their arms wrapping tightly around one another.

Belly's hug was filled with such warmth and intensity that Florence could feel her worries melting away. She squeezed Belly tightly, her eyes welling up with tears of joy. "Oh, Belly, I've missed you so much!" Florence whispered, her voice filled with raw emotion.

Belly pulled back, her eyes glistening with happiness. "I missed you too, Flo. We're going to make this the best summer ever, I promise," she said, determination evident in her voice.

As they stood there, wrapped in each other's embrace, surrounded by their friends, Florence felt an overwhelming sense of gratitude. In that moment, she realized that despite the challenges they had faced and the time that had passed, their friendship remained unbreakable.

With her summer family by her side once again, Florence couldn't help but feel a surge of excitement for the adventures that awaited them. This was the summer she had longed for, a summer of laughter, love, and unforgettable memories.