everyone loves y/n (m.m.)

Mikey stumbled into her apartment, dragging her feet as if carrying the weight of the world. She wearily shut the door behind her, the click of the latch echoing in the silence. Exhaustion etched on her face, she dropped her bag on the floor and collapsed onto the couch, letting out a deep sigh of relief.

You were just in the kitchen, pouring yourself a glass of Arizona tea when you heard the door open. Having recently concerned for Mikey's well-being, you immediately appeared in the living room, your eyes widening at the sight of your weary girlfriend.

"Mikey, my love, you look absolutely exhausted," you faintly said as you placed your cup down, moving over to her on the couch.
"Are you alright?"

Mikey managed a faint smile, her eyes brightening as she spotted you.

"Hey, babe. It's been a long day. I've missed you so much."

You moved closer, taking a seat beside Mikey and tenderly brushing a strand of hair from her face. She peeked from under her draping arm over her face to look at you and took you into her lap.

You squealed as you were hoisted onto her, being careful not to crush her tired body so much.
"I've missed you too, Mikey. Tell me all about your day. How did the shooting go?"

Mikey leaned into your touch, seeking solace in your presence. She droned against your body, momentarily shutting her eyes.

Mikey said before looking up at you,
"Oh, it was a whirlwind. We were filming this hilarious scene. My character is like super awkward and finds herself in predicament after another."

Your eyes lit up, captivated by Mikey's storytelling. You could see the way her eyes sparkled when talking about what she did after shooting, even on some days when she came home exhausted. It was just part of the movie industry but you knew it was Mikey's lifelong dream and you wanted to make sure you supported her through and through.

You were intrigued, you always were and wanted to know everything Mikey did on set, anything to see her glowing smile.

"That sounds like so much fun! Tell me more."

Mikey's tiredness momentarily faded as she became animated, reliving the moments. She patted your thigh so she could adjust herself on the couch and you were briefly ashamed to think that your weight was straining her.

Mikey started, excitement evident in her voice, "There was this scene where I had to navigate through a crowded hallway while carrying a tray of food. Of course, I tripped and sent mashed potatoes flying everywhere! The entire set burst into laughter. It took multiple takes to get it just right.

You listened intently on what she was saying and laughed as you imagined the comedic chaos.

"Oh woww. I can only imagine the laughter that must have brought. You're a natural, babe."

Mikey's smile widened, her cheeks nearly hurting at the praise you gave her. She was grateful for your support. You never lacked the chance to show her that you were her number one supporter.

Mikey signed contently, taking your hands together and playing with your fingers.
"It was such a joy to be on set, but I couldn't help feeling that something was missing the whole time."

You looked at Mikey even though she was distracted, your gaze filled with affection.

Curiosity bubbling, you asked her,
"What was missing, my love?"

Mikey broke her gaze from your hands into your warm eyes, her voice soft and sincere.

"You, Y/N. I missed having you by my side, sharing these moments with me. Your presence always brings out the best in me."