lil mouse (m.f.)

The persistent drumming of rain against the windows created a soft symphony in Max's little cozy yet messy room that you tend to stay over many times.

Despite the comfortable atmosphere, the ceiling seemed to have developed a series of leaks around the house, casting wet spots on the furniture. There only happened to be one reoccurring leak in Max's room which you put a trash bin on the spot.

You couldn't help but sigh as you surveyed the growing damage. The repetitive sound of water dropping into the large container was beginning to irritate you.

Max didn't seem to mind. She was too deep into her phone, looking real snug in bed like she wasn't ready to move at all.

She had just finished at shift at the restaurant, having gotten off at 2 in the morning and all she wanted to do was lie in bed today. But you had other things in mind to do and wanted to see if your girlfriend was up for it.

"Hey, babe..." You began, breaking the comfortable silence.

Max turned to face you, a sleepy smile on her lips.

"Yeah?"

"I'm in the mood," you teased, a mischievous glint in your eyes.

Max raised an eyebrow, completely unsure of what you were trying to say.

She turned her whole body around, cheeks clearly a shade of light pink.

"In the mood? Like right now?" Max questioned, prying you for an answer.

You tried to hide a cheeky grin, feigning playful.

"Yes, baby. I really want it." You tilted your head down, eyes shut a quarter of a centimeter, the type of look you give to Max when you're speaking sensually to her. She understood that look.

Max's entire face swelled up with excitement, sitting up fully.

"O-Okay." She nodded, usually she was more confident.

The way you were so assertive caught her off guard but she quickly recovered. She was a bit tired but for you, she'd do anything especially in the means of intimacy. Max was leaning up to grab the back of your neck to pull you in for a kiss but you ducked and grabbed her car keys instead.

"Great. You're driving, right?"

Max fell straight onto the bed where your body once was. She got up, bewildered by your question.

"Driving? Where?"

"To go get boba at the mall, silly."

You smiled down at her, cheeks to pinched together that they hurt.

Max was still not understanding. "I-I don't--"

"I'm in the mood for some boba, babe," you finally gave in, giggling a bit at her utterly baffled expression with her big puppy dog eyes.

Max blinked several times before her mouth opened.

"O-ohh.." But you knew she was just going for the ride.

"What did you think I meant by that?" You nudged as you picked your pants up to put on.

"I just thought..you know."

"Know?" You shot her a look, curious, an eyebrow raised.

"Nope, nevermind. Nothing. Not even gonna say it," Max said begrudgingly as she rummaged for a shirt. The pink quickly rushed to a shade of red.

"I was just messing with you, hun. Don't be such a grouch."

You laughed as you walked over to Max, looping your hands around her waist. Max didn't budge as she scooped her shirt over her head.