Prologue

The Oblivion

I have been keeping a secret.

A secret running in my veins that corrupted my life.

I was forteen when their hands first for reached me, trapping me in of the Oblivion of The Dark World.

'The Life Cycle', they called. I was a naive kid then, easy to be fooled. That is why, it was a no-big deal for them to fool a fourteen-year-old girl to make a deal that would cost her, her life.

It feels like there is a cunning knife always on my throat ready to slice the life out. Like walking on fine shattered glass bleeding with each step but you can't stop. A ticking bomb ready to explode if you make a wrong move.

The deal was simple to submit yourself and you will live with a promise of an extraordinary life.

The type of life that kids imagines to live after watching superheroes movie.
The thriller, The action.

Little did they know it's never good.

The same chance they gave me. A dark world to escape in. It was a boon, an emotion, A power surging inside my body.

I didn't know what I did. What it means to submit. But I did it anyway because I was young and angry. Angry at my fucking life. Craving for passion and thrill.

12th April 2016. I signed the agreement. And since then every year they came to make me pay my dept. They fix me in a game of life and death, killing me to my last breath.

I played with their rules until I realised, I was never alone in it. I wasn't even paying some stupid dept. I was being tested for something more worse.

I was just another instrument for them.

I am April and this is my story.