Chapter 3

April

It's been two days since the note from Phantom arrived mysteriously in my hands. I expected that night would be my Oblivion, It wasn't. But I am sure It will be soon.

What was worse that the Phantom reached me after 6 years. Until now I never had a single note or any communication with them.

What did they want from me after all these years? And what does it means the games are different now? Could it be any worse than before?

My mind was flooding with questions when I entered my office building all covered in white interiors. I work at Harper Cooperative as an assistant head when I get the time to stay alive.

I moved through the corridors people stopped and wished me. The white coat and short skirt bound me in all formalites but the usual scowl was visible on my face. I hate doing this. My Dad and Dr Harper are kind of friends so after I did my college, he urged me to become an employee here.

I had no choice but to listen to him. I thought I could still live a normal life by sticking with Dad's choices, but sadly I was wrong here too.

I could never be like them.

The door to my glass cabin opened revealing the biggest jerk in the world sitting on my chair. My Boss.

"What the fuck are you doing here Mason?", I asked irritation visible on my face.

"Don't be so hard on me, April. I am your boss, you keep forgetting that". He smirked at me taking a cigarette between his lips as his cunning black eyes looked at me like they always do. Like I am some game he is planning to beat. Those dirty black hair and sharp cheekbones are always clever and strategic. Even though his interest lags far form his work he never fails to leave the impact of who he is.

Mason Harper, Son of a billionaire and my middle school bully.

He is a money-spoiled brat who was hung upon me since we were just two, because the universe mistakenly made our dad friends.

My dad is rich too, but never had I got the privileges to use his money and fame recklessly. Leave the exception of Jared. I was too busy running for my life to do that.

"Yes, I remember Boss". I snarled back. I may be his employee, but he can't make me an obedient one. We both know who does all the work here.

Being his assistant is the worst, I do everything because his dad trusts me to handle his spoiled son while Mason only does his usual drugging and drinkings.

It's strange our dads think we are friends. Someday I fear that they will even ask me to marry him. I swear, if that day comes I am gonna kill
this jackass and run away.

"Cursing me in your mind, April?" He asked me throwing the cigarette butt in my coffee mug and stood up from my chair.

"You know better." I snapped his hand when he tried to touch my shoulder. He knows I don't like friendly touches. Especially from him.

"You are always rude, Girl. Just chill, I am not here to annoy you or give you extra work. Instead," He brought his face closer to mine "I am here to give you an offer".

I stared at him my blood running cold. Is he really going to propose me or something? Naa, He hates me too. But I am sure there is some trick.

Mason always play tricks.

"What offer?" I whispered nervously and he grinned in satisfaction.

"Don't be nervous. I am just asking you to come to Vegas with me and fake to be my girlfriend for a day". His grin intensified and I gritted my teeth controlling my urge to slap him. I may even have done it, If we aren't in the office.