Chapter 4

Tyler

I was sitting in the lobby of Harper Cooperatives waiting for my name to be called.
Everything here is screaming in white, The walls, the suits of the people. The glass doors reflecting the daylight even brighter.

I cannot help but feel a little odd. The white is sick to my eyes while I am all dressed in black. No wonder that girl called me a punk hero.

The sounds of heels came forward. Tora, I think her name is, called me to follow her. She was too dressed in a white blazer and pants. Her hair, hazel brown with white specks balanced on her nose.

I went inside the elevator. Happy to see silver surrounding me rather than white. I took a deep breath, I am ready for this.

The doors opened to a huge white cabin. Glass windows revealed the day Skyview of New York. There was a big chair and sitting on it was the man I came to meet.

The guy looked in his early fifties with Grey streaks in his black hair and beard. Slightly wrinkled face and cold black eyes. He looked almost the man he is, rich and powerful.

"Dr Charles Harper, Nice to meet you". I greeted him in all the formality I can gather.

His sharp gaze landed on me as soon as my voice echoed in the room. I can say he is not pleased to see me.

"You may have a seat." I pulled out a chair opposite to him separated by a white marble table. He raised a hand and dismissed Tora. He then looked at me and his gaze softened. His face changed from a concerned man to a joyful dude in a second. I am sure he is aware that I bring danger to him.

"You took me by surprise when I got your name, Boy. You were brave enough to come straight here at me". He laughed out.

"It was no big deal. I just have to sneak and lie a little. I was sure you wouldn't deny me a meeting". I smiled.

"Ohh, of course, I wouldn't. But I am afraid you should have chosen a different place. You are not safe here." His black eyes threatening at me.

"I think you should worry about your own safety, first. I am just fine here". I looked at him my cold gaze cutting his.

I stood up, taking my gun in hand. "You know why I came here. Don't you guys know everything?" My gun pointing at his head. "You better start talking".

"I can just snap my fingers and you are dead. There are guards outside and the cameras here". He pointed his finger at the corner.

Of course, I know. I am not an idiot to just walk in and kill a well-respected billionaire. But I know better.

"Come on, I know you are not gonna hurt me. I am too valuable for you people. And I don't even need a gun to kill you." His face winced, He knows what I am talking about.

"You shouldn't be here, boy. How did you find me?".

It took me years to find him, I am not here just to throw in his stupid questions.

"Enough of this pep talk. You know exactly who I am. And I know exactly who you work for. Now better start telling me what those people are and what you do for them before I pull the trigger". I pulled the gun closer to his head. I know the cameras are off. He will not risk it. But he will not let me kill him either.

"You don't know who you are messing with. I will not tell you anything. Kill me if you want".

I gritted my teeth, I ain't gonna go empty-handed.
"You know my name?" I asked, "Not the one you people gave. The real one?".

He sighed and closed his eyes, "Tyler Martin Anderson".

I smiled sourly, the name hurts still after all those years. "You better give me something then, because I have the best reason to kill you. And You know I won't hesitate at all".

"Fine sit. I will give you something". He looked at me in my eyes. The same black eyes as all those years ago. The memory is fresh as a wound bleeding with pain.

I sat down and put the gun on the table. "I am telling you again. It's dangerous what you are doing".

"I think I have experienced enough of dangers now". I said reminiscing at all the beautiful oblivions they gave me.

"They are Gods, Tyler. You don't know what The Phantom will do if they find out you reached me.

You wanna know what's the secret of the games? Well, nobody knows".

I huffed out, "Don't play tricks with me, Doctor".

"I don't have what you want. But I can warn you about the future". He paused, "As I owe you this".

"There are worse games to come. Everything is gonna change. There will be new rules, new puzzles, new purpose. Believe me when I say this. It wouldn't be easy to survive this time". He said his eyes holding the fear that he likes to put into his words.

"Don't think I am gonna get scared or give up". This man is playing puzzles with me. Why will he not? He is one of them. I am not gonna get anything in here. What a waste of hope.

"I will not stop till I get what I want. I will end what they started. This is a war, Dr Charles. And I will win it!". I stood up from my chair shoving my gun in my pocket and reaching for the elevator.

"There is a key, Tyler. The one that your father made for Phantom. It can change the course of the games. Find it and you will get all you want". The lift arrived and I stepped inside without saying a word.

The doors closed in front of me. I went down, down from all the whiteness into the dark world again.

Next Step: Find the key.