Chapter 9

April

Six drops of blood.
Six bottles of drugs.
Six years of Indurance.

I tried to stifle the pain as I cut the stitches on my wrist. The gentle sound of water rushing as I stood in the shower letting the icy cold water pour on my skin. I like cold showers, even in winters. It numbs away the warmth leaving only the stinging ice to focus on.

In my six years of living through Oblivions, I have never thought of an escape. Because there is none. Only exits and beatings of my scared heart just to be alive.

And even though you are out alive, its never better. The after-effects of Oblivion are as terrible as living through it and not to forget the ticking clock always up for the next one.

I sometimes wish to rather die than live in those nightmares. But dying trapped under four metal walls, shattered blood-stained glass and dying bodies which were murdered by my own hands is never the wiser option. My heart would never accept that. I don't want to just survive anymore.

I want to fight.

Fight for my life, fight with the dark oblivious world that they made for me. Fight to defeat those bastards who made my life hell.

I am only waiting for that little of a chance...to fly away.

I sighed and turned off the shower, grabbing the towel near the sink and covering myself in the tiniest of warmth. It feels good against my skin, It feels safe. Something I can never be.

I stepped in the room, I was still in Kevin's house and had been gladly neglecting any contact from my house or office for almost a week now. I haven't even touched my phone in three days.

I admit it's long enough and one cannot ignore their responsibilities for long. And today I cannot afford to slip it at all. So it's the day to go back and put on the all-fine act back again. I reached for the shopping bag and reluctantly pulled out a new grey T-shirt and black pants.

"Hey" Kevin knocked on the door and I called in after making sure I am fully dressed.

"Hi, I didn't know you were back." I said while drying my wet hair.

"Yeah, just came 5 minutes ago". He ran a hand through his hair and grabbed the back of his neck looking at the ground.

"Somethings wrong?" I asked, he does that when he is nervous.

"No, nothing".

"Ok. Then why are you acting so nervous?" I still can't believe he let me stay at his house for almost a week and didn't bother. Even when all I did was lie in bed or went solo strolling ignoring him majority of the time. It must have annoyed him because I call him my best friend.

Kevin came closer and took a deep breath looking at me, "Actually yes, there is something I want to say to you".

I looked at him giving my full attention. He opened his mouth and closed it, the words hanging in the air.

I rolled my eyes, "Say it!"

"I love you!".

"What?" And I laughed.
.
.
.

"What the fuck!".

He looked away and my eyes widened even dropping the dryer in my hands, I couldn't believe my ears. No way he said that. I just woke up and he decided to drop a bomb at me.

"Look April it's good that you come and lives with me whenever you feel comfortable. I appreciate that, but you need to know I can't hide this from you anymore. I love you, April Valentine. I really do and no matter how much you pretend to be friends, I can't."