✧ ˚13· thirteen .

┌─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐

Pepper sat next to Ava on her plush, light grey sofa, her fingers tapping away on the tablet as they finished filling out the application to Midtown High School of Science and Technology.

"Finished. I'll get your father to call up tomorrow—you know what he's like, persuasive," Pepper said with a warm smile.

Ava smiled back, feeling the weight of the decision slowly lifting off her shoulders. She leaned her head on Pepper's shoulder, grateful for the comforting presence of her mother figure. Little did Pepper know that Ava's smile concealed a deeper struggle. Despite the outward appearance of calm, Ava was secretly craving a cigarette. The stress of recent events had quickly led her down a path of addiction.

Pepper sensed Ava's fatigue and concern, assuming it was due to the application process. She gently placed the tablet on her lap and wrapped an arm around Ava, offering support and understanding.

"You know, some of the Avengers are downstairs with your father, having a drink. We could join them if you wanted. Without the drink part, of course," Pepper suggested.

Ava considered the offer, appreciating Pepper's effort to make her feel included. "Are you sure they even want to meet me? I doubt they've heard good stories." Ava winced.

Pepper's reassuring smile remained unwavering as she gently squeezed Ava's hand. "They are curious about you, Ava, and I'm sure they'll be happy to meet you. We all make mistakes, but that doesn't define who we are. Besides, your father talks about you with pride, and I'm sure they'll see the wonderful person you are."

Ava felt a mixture of nerves and gratitude at Pepper's words. She knew that her recent actions hadn't painted the best picture of herself, but she also wanted to believe that she could still be seen in a positive light.

"Okay, let's go," Ava said, mustering up a small smile.

They made their way down to the living area, where the Avengers were gathered, chatting and laughing. Ava spotted familiar faces that she had seen on the news like Steve Rogers and Natasha Romanoff, along with some new ones she hadn't met yet.

As Tony caught sight of Ava and Pepper entering the room, his face lit up with pride. "There she is, the genius daughter of mine," he announced, drawing the attention of the others.

"Hi," she said, her voice tinged with shyness. "Nice to meet you all."

Steve Rogers, ever the gentleman, stepped forward and offered his hand. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Ava. Your father has told us a lot about you."

Ava shook his hand, feeling a sense of awe at meeting the legendary Captain America. Natasha Romanoff, the Black Widow, gave her a nod of acknowledgment.

"Hey, Ava," Natasha said with a hint of a smile. "Your dad talks about you quite a bit. It's good to finally meet you."

Ava blushed, feeling a mix of embarrassment and pride. She had never expected to be the subject of her father's conversations with the Avengers.

"Thanks," Ava replied, trying to suppress her nervousness. "It's nice to meet all of you too."

Thor, the God of Thunder, walked over, his booming voice filling the room. "Greetings, Ava Stark! I have heard many tales of your father's bravery, and it warms my heart to meet his kin."

Ava couldn't help but feel overwhelmed by the attention, but she also felt a sense of acceptance among these extraordinary individuals. They didn't treat her like Tony Stark's daughter; they treated her as Ava, a young woman with her own hopes and dreams.