✧ ˚ 35 · thirty-five .

┌─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐

Seated in the front of a van, strategically parked at Leipzig airport, Clint, Ava, and Wanda waited in anticipation for the arrival of Steve, Sam, and Bucky – the latter of whom Ava had just discovered the name of.

As they waited in their seats, Ava's curiosity got the best of her as she initiated a conversation with her uncle figure beside her. "So, how's Lila?"

Clint's affectionate smile appeared as he responded, sharing a snippet of their lives. "She's good. Still failing algebra, but not everyone's a genius." Ava's laughter resonated in response.

Ava's generous offer extended as she expressed her willingness to help. "I'm happy to tutor her if she wants to."

Clint's gratitude shone through his smile as he acknowledged her kindness. "Thanks, Stark. She'd like that."

Their exchange was interrupted by the sound of a car pulling up, marking the imminent arrival of the rest of their team.

Once they parked, the three exited the Van. "Cap," Clint's voice cut through the air, drawing Steve's attention.

Steve's tone carried a mix of determination and honesty. "You know I wouldn't have called if I had any other choice."

Clint's words conveyed both appreciation and ease. "Hey, man, you're doing me a favour. Besides, I owe a debt." As his gaze shifted towards Wanda, Ava's memory resurfaced – the memory of Wanda telling her about her brother's sacrifice to save Clint.

Steve's gratitude was evident as he exchanged a smile with Wanda. "Thanks for having my back."

Wanda's response reflected her determination to take action. "It was time to get off my ass."

Ava's playful voice chimed in from beside Clint, adding a touch of lightness to the moment. "Don't forget me, Uncle S."

Steve's surprise was palpable as he turned his attention to Ava. "Ava? What are you doing here?"

Ava's shoulder lifted in a nonchalant shrug. "Got bored, took down a sentient synthezoid, got in a van?" Her words were infused with a hint of mischief, capturing the spontaneity of her presence.

A knowing remark came from Sam, his voice laced with a mix of amusement and warning. "Your dad isn't going to be happy, you know."

Ava's response was swift, her eyes rolling in exasperation as she retorted, "When is he?" Her stance held a confident defiance. "I know that Russian boy over there didn't mean to kick our asses, and if Dad had his way, he would be rotting in a cell. He doesn't deserve that." Her words carried a sense of empathy.

"How about our other recruit?" Steve inquired.

Clint's response carried a laid-back yet appreciative tone, "He's raring to go. Had to put a little coffee in him, but... he should be good." With these words, Clint walked over to the side of the van and slid the door open.

The abrupt motion of the door seemed to startle the man lying across the seats within the van. He stumbled out, his voice groggy, "What time zone is this?"

Without missing a beat, Clint nudged the man forward, guiding him towards the van, "Come on. Come on."

As Scott Lang extended his hand towards Steve with an expression of wonder, their handshake exuded energy. "Captain America."

Steve's response was composed and deferential, "Scott Lang."

Scott's excitement overflowed, his words tumbling in his enthusiasm, "It's an honour. I'm shaking your hand too long. Wow! This is awesome! Captain America." His gaze shifted to Wanda, recognizing her as well. "I know you, too. You're great!" Then his attention turned to Ava, and curiosity crept into his voice, "Uh, I don't know you—"