✧ ˚6· six .

┌─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐

"Hey, Stark!" A voice called, and Ava turned to see a classmate she recognized but didn't interact with much. She adjusted her backpack, curious about what he wanted.

"Yeah? What's up?" Ava replied, cautious and curious.

The classmate approached with a mischievous grin. "I heard it was your birthday recently. Belated happy birthday, Stark!" he exclaimed, patting Ava on the back.

Surprised by the acknowledgment, Ava mumbled a thanks, unsure of how to respond.

Leaning in, the classmate lowered his voice. "You know, I also heard that your dad bailed on you. Must be tough having a famous superhero as a father, huh?"

The hurtful words sliced through Ava's defences. It was true, her father was supposed to take her out on her 12th birthday, but he never showed up due to an urgent Avengers mission. "It's none of your business," she retorted.

The classmate smirked, enjoying getting under her skin. "Just saying, must be hard being overshadowed by Iron Man all the time. Anyway, see you around, Stark!"

As the classmate walked away, Ava felt a wave of vulnerability wash over her. His taunts reminded her of the disappointment she felt on her birthday. She yearned for her father's presence and connection, especially on special occasions.

Sarah quickly caught up to Ava, concern in her eyes. "Ignore him, Ava. That's James. He's a total jerk," she said indignantly.

Grateful for Sarah's support, Ava nodded. "Yeah, I know. It just hit a nerve, you know? But I won't let his words get to me."

Sarah added with a hint of sarcasm, "He's just jealous. His dad didn't save the world from aliens a few months ago. I'm pretty sure his dad is a dentist or something."

Ava chuckled, feeling the tension dissipate. The two friends continued walking, their laughter blending with other students' chatter. Ava's heart still ached, but Sarah's words brought comfort.

"Thanks, Sarah. I'm glad I have you as a friend. You always know how to make me feel better."

"That's what friends are for, Ava. Your dad loves you, and he's doing important work as a superhero. Sometimes, sacrifices have to be made," Sarah reassured.

Ava nodded, understanding and acceptance settling within her. "You're right. I know my dad's job is demanding, and he's always there for me in his own way. It's just hard sometimes."

Sarah nodded in understanding, and the two girls linked arms, walking together as friends do, facing whatever challenges came their way.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚

The room was tense, the air heavy with anticipation as the phone on the desk began to ring. Ava's heart pounded in her chest, feeling a sense of unease. She instinctively slunk down in her seat, trying to avoid the stern gaze of the dean in front of her.

The dean reached for the phone, his eyes fixed on Ava. With each ring, the tension seemed to grow thicker. Ava's mind raced with thoughts of what the call could mean and how it would impact her future.

Finally, the call stopped ringing, and Tony Stark's voice filled the room. "Hello, Stark here, what's up?"

"Mr. Stark, it is Mr. Anderson calling from St Johns, I am here with your daughter, Ava."

"Hello, Mr. Anderson," Tony replied, curious and concerned. "What's going on? Is everything okay with Ava?"

After a pause, Mr. Anderson hesitated before responding, "I'm afraid there has been an incident involving Ava at school, Mr. Stark. She was involved in a physical altercation with another student."